STH should have more of these types of posts

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
We get offers to do that all the time but I am not a huge fan of it. I have been told that it is content is lucrative for publishers but I am not comfortable publishing that type of article.

I am also keenly aware of the pressures publishers face on advertising.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Why would you want to see sponsored/paid content that has an agenda when @Patrick & company provide (what appears to me) non-biased articles without an agenda?? (Other than showing he knows what he's talking about to potential clients.)

TuxDude

Sep 17, 2011
STH definitely should NOT have more, or any, of those types of articles. Sponsors can pay for ad's that appear with the content, but not the content itself. If I want my vendors opinion on something, I'll ask them.

RobertFontaine

Dec 17, 2015
Winterpeg, Canuckistan
There was a time when Anand, Tom and Arstechnica had consistently valuable content. Today it is generally not worth scanning past the advertising masking as content to find valuable content.

I hope this venue can continue to find ways to monetize that don't result in a Ziff Davis advertising as content model.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I would have to agree with everyone else here, I look forward to reading and learning from both articles and other members here. I couldn't imagine how it would benefit the site at all to let anyone come along and water down what is already, a great user experience :)

capn_pineapple

Aug 28, 2013
Completely agree with the rest.

The content on the website as is, remains consistently unbiased and well written. If I want to get advertised at (not to), I'll jump on a mailing list and sift through the scammy headlines with their obfuscated golden-scenario-biased "benchmarks" (pfft does the word a disservice).

Keep up the awesome work @Patrick & Co. it's the awesome content that you guys produce in both articles and working experience documented in the forums that keeps me here.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
I feel bad for saying you shouldn't make money but I'm with others on against this type of content.

b3nz0n8

Feb 18, 2013
In a world of subscription based content, relevant to my interests, I would gladly pay a prime or monthly sub to maintain the integrity of the mission. The depth of knowledge shared through STH articles, forums and content created by like minded individuals are a driving force (to my STH TapTalk addiction). When the opportunity presents itself....

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
In a world of subscription based content, relevant to my interests, I would gladly pay a prime or monthly sub to maintain the integrity of the mission. The depth of knowledge shared through STH articles, forums and content created by like minded individuals are a driving force (to my STH TapTalk addiction). When the opportunity presents itself....
i'd be more than happy to do some kind of patreon thing to help STH stay independent such that we'd never have to see sponsored content