STH Main Site Re-Design Q2 2017 Edition

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
A few weeks ago I was asked when the STH main site got its current look. I could not recall off the top of my head. That meant it was time for something new. I also want features like lazy loading of images since, let's face it, some of STH's reviews with 25+ large images per page are fairly big.

I am attaching two snippets of the direction it is headed. There will still be quite a bit more tweaks (e.g. colors) but I think the usability of the new design is much better, and mobile wise it makes STH much more usable.

The "fun" part is that the major hurdle at this point is actually the current review system and porting its 7 fields, 4 ratings fields, pros, cons and a summary, to a new review system. I do not trust myself as the MariaDB guru to do this.

Attachments

mekky

Jul 6, 2014
Looking nice :)

At the moment though, looks like there's an issue with the code and actual display of images (they do load, and you can right click view image, however not being rendered on page. Tested against Safari/Chrome/Firefox).

Reactions: eva2000

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Caching reset. Seems to not have translated well into the live site.

capn_pineapple

Aug 28, 2013
@Patrick gotta say the new site is a lot smoother to use for me, experiencing fewer issues, the cache is a bit snappier so far as well. Great job! Really happy with it.

Reactions: Patrick