STH forum and Google results

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
Is it just me or anyone else experience a high number of STH results in their Google search dealing with enterprise hardware and setups, VMs etc.

It seems to me that often one of the top 3 results will be STH forum thread and usually that's the one with a solution or actual clue to resolving my issue. Most other forum results end with wrong info or people going OT and arguing about nonsense.

Love this place and all the knowledge/ingenuity it holds :)

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
This is also the reason I like to ensure we have proper records of what happened and how to fix stuff in threads. It makes searching later more relevant.

Just today I was at the HE FMT2 data center and met some nice guys who run a managed service provider and are across the aisle from a rack we have there. They were saying how they used the LSI flashing articles we have on STH.

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
This is also the reason I like to ensure we have proper records of what happened and how to fix stuff in threads. It makes searching later more relevant.

Just today I was at the HE FMT2 data center and met some nice guys who run a managed service provider and are across the aisle from a rack we have there. They were saying how they used the LSI flashing articles we have on STH.
Thank you sir, I completely agree. When I solve an issue that's unique to a situation I also try to update the OP with the Solve along with relevant files/links needed :)

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
the whole reason i joined STH was because STH kept showing up every time I searched for something on Google. It got me wondering, "what is this place??" and after lurking for some time I decided to sign up.

Reactions: fohdeesha

TeeJayHoward

Feb 12, 2013
I joined up after seeing a couple links from HardForum. Pretty much everyone I know that uses enterprise equipment at home is on this forum, and they're all incredibly helpful.

And yeah, I've noticed that STH pops up a lot when I'm googling for solutions to work problems. I love it, personally!