STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ArcyneTheFirst

Jan 22, 2016
I would like to join the pool,. I have 4 2670v1 dual socket servers that I would to try out. (i have gpu's in two of them NVidia 1080s)

R

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Patrick

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
I'd also like to get in on this. Offline at the moment but planning to dedicate 2x RX 580s inbound from @ELit3 once I get a rig built around them.

Nero24

Jul 26, 2017
www.planet3dnw.de
There are a few CPUs out there, which are impractical for Monero due to several circumstances, but can be used for Aeon. I'll pick two examples.

1.) AMD Jaguar/Puma based APUs, e.g. Kabini, Beema, Carrizo-L. These APUs have 4 cores and support for AES, so would be usable for cryptonight coins like Monero. But they have no L3 cache and a shared L2 cache of just 2 MB. With Monero, one single thread fills the last level cache (in this case L2) completely. So 3/4 of the computing power would be unused.

A way out could be Aeon with its cryptonight-lite algorithm. Here, the dataset per thread is only 1 MB (if the miner is configured right) and you can use two cores till the LLC is filled. In case of xmrig, you have to setup:
algo = cryptonight-lite (the algo for Aeon)
av = 1 (stay at a dataset size of 1 MB and don't double it like the auto-config does)
threads = 2 (use two threads to use the compute power and fill the L2)

Configured like this the 15W $299 notebook APU AMD A6-7310 hashes 182 H/s for Aeon :D

2.) A similar case is the latest Bulldozer based APU codenamed Bristol Ridge. Here AMD has reduced the L2 cache per module from 2 MB to 1 MB, which is insufficient for Monero. In addition to that the L2 is not shared for all cores like Jaguar's, but dedicated for each module (=1 FPU + 2 ALUs). So the config from above can be reused:
algo = cryptonight-lite
av = 1
threads = 2

But additionally we have to ensure, that the two threads stay in their own module since the two L2s are private. So we have to add
cpu-affinity = 0xA (in Windows version of xmrig)

Configured like this, a Quad-Core (2 modules) Bristol Ridge AMD A8-9600 can reach 345 H/s with Aeon. That is not great – the predecessor Kaveri is much more powerful with Monero and Aeon – but better than nothing :)

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks to all those who have joined and are mining. We are now closing in on 2.5% of the global hash rate. That is making a big difference in how fast we are finding blocks.

garetjax

Nov 26, 2017
Patrick,

I'l like an invite as well. You have been so helpful getting me into mining so I would love to help - especially with your docker images. I'll going to start with my 1080 rig and see how that goes, I might be be adding a 6 cpu rig as well.

Thanks!

Ronni

Oct 1, 2013
Hi @Patrick

Please can I get access to the Aeon mining pool?

Gotta say thanks for the website and forums, been a great source of information!

Thanks

homelabusr

Feb 7, 2017
Hi Patrick,

How much is the pool fee ?
And payout threshold for this private pool?
Do you have a web ui for tracking?
Support for workers ?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Hi Patrick,

How much is the pool fee ?
And payout threshold for this private pool?
Do you have a web ui for tracking?
Support for workers ?
1% (and that pays for transaction fees.)
IIRC it is set at 0.5 AEON. We did talk about raising it.
Yes.
Not currently.

Lots of hash rate added today. Now up to around 3% of global hash power.