STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Looks like the beta pool has been running for a day. If you want to join the AEON beta pool, please let me know here.

The pool access will only be to STH members. We also have pre-built docker containers that go directly to the pool so all you need is a wallet address and then add how much CPU you want to use and you can be off and running mining Aeon.

Currently, we are around 1% global network hashrate, I would like to get this to be at least 3% soon.

moxford

Apr 24, 2017
@Patrick As much as I would love to join this, I don't know that I have the pockets for it ... power costs in San Jose are atrocious. I will run some numbers and look into Aeon mining (CPU? GPU?) and figure out if I can come out and play ...

Reactions: Patrick

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Who is the mask man just joined the pool?
He / She raised the pool hashrate to 216 KH/s and climbing.

moxford

Apr 24, 2017
I'm going to play. It might not be much to start since I'm new at all of this, but if I'm going to learn it and benchmark things it may as well contribute to the pool! I will have some time on Sunday to poke around with it- I'll contribute what I can if that Docker is available.

nkw

Aug 28, 2017
Just as the weather starts to cool -- I can tell myself I'm saving money by heating with servers...

Reactions: Joel

RBE

Sep 5, 2017
The ability to target NUMA nodes via Docker makes a real difference when mining Aeon. Compare this screenshot:

xmrig-bare-metal.png

which was taken when I was running xmrig on bare metal with 20 threads per compute node to this one:

xmrig-docker-numa.png

which was taken running two Docker instances per compute node, each with 10 threads. To jump from 2650H/s per compute node to 3020H/s is pretty darn impressive. Across the mining cluster, this translates to a free 8.8kH/s, which is just awesome.