Starting with Eucalyptus 4

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Today I managed to (finally) get around to installing Eucalyptus 4 on a test system. Given, it is a 2P E5-2650L V3 w/ 256GB of RAM and 4TB of all SSD space so I do not think I will keep it that way.

The installation of the test setup was extremely easy:
1. Install CentOS 6.5 minimal
2. My first installation failed due to network. I changed my lab subnet so I could have 192.168.4.x just for Eucalyptus 4.
3. I sat and waited. Came back and it all worked.

I know others were working on similar Eucalyptus projects. Following the shell script tutorial was interesting but I figured maybe we could share some experience/ tips/ tricks here.

The bonus of the shell script tutorial was that it installs Fedora 20 as an image option:
Eucalyptus Instance Launch.JPG

I think my nest step is going to be migrating it to a different box, then get the NUC cluster working with it.

Reactions: HellDiverUK

tjk

Mar 3, 2013
Patrick,

Looks interesting!

Did they do any integration with ceph or other storage, or is it all local/das or iSCSI/NFS?

Assuming if they rely on 3rd party storage, there isn't any HA/fail-over for the VM's?

Tom

Gannon

Sep 8, 2014
Is there a tutorial/script for a single box install?
All the reference architectures are multiple boxes that I can see