ssh host

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

beren43

Nov 25, 2019
Hi,
I want to protect the ssh server. Configured that you can only log in from one server. And what prevents an attacker from deleting the server and creating their own ip instead and using ssh ? So how do I identify the server that everyone can connect from ?

dswartz

Jul 14, 2011
1. configure it to only allow ssh using public key. 2. what do you mean by 'deleting the server'?

RobstarUSA

Sep 15, 2016
Hi,
I want to protect the ssh server. Configured that you can only log in from one server. And what prevents an attacker from deleting the server and creating their own ip instead and using ssh ? So how do I identify the server that everyone can connect from ?
In most Linux distros you can do this with tcp wrappers at least.....although maybe there is a more modern version

man /etc/hosts.allow or /etc/hosts.deny

You can also use a host based firewall like iptables. I also highly reccomend enabling OTP for ssh. You can use libpam-google-authenticator to set this up quickly & easily on linux.