SSG-6047R-E1R36N questions

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Offspring

Feb 7, 2021
I just picked up a SSG-6047R-E1R36N, and I absolutely love it, though I'm not a huge fan of the noise. I know it's meant for DCs, but it's going to be living in my office so I want to cut the sound down as much as possible. I found a couple of superquiet PSUs on eBay, but they don't fit the chassis. Does anyone know of any SQ PSUs I could pick up to replace the current ones?

Similarly, I've got a bunch of the super loud 80mm fans in the case, and I'd love to find some replacements that would lower the sound without impacting the cooling. I know there's mods available to swap in arctic and noctua fans for other chassis, but does anyone have something similar for this one?

Thank you very much.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
That barebone ships with SQ power supplies from the factory. There's only going to be so much you can do with the system as quieter fans will move less air and have lower static pressure, which will impact cooling.

Offspring

Feb 7, 2021
Yeah, I verified the SQ power supply after I asked. So that's not really a problem, and I'm about to order the 45dBA fans to replace the current ones, which should hopefully help. I guess I'll be putting this server in a closet to help tamp down the sound.