SSD Data Recovery

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Any favorite tools for recovering data from a failed SSD? I got a friends PC to fix, and turns out the SSD is bad.

Intel 520 SSD with very few writes (desktop of friend) and hours.

It was showing up then disappeared, disk not found, etc... in my dock, and in the PC it came out of.

What about if I can get it to boot into windows for short time (seems to be about it before it dies) and run software on it? Any other software for recovering files that were deleted if I'm in the OS vs using it in another Windows system?

I don't do file recovery so I'm not familiar with my options but I do know it's low-cost low-priority; but I want to get as much as the data as I can for my friend.

:)

What do you use to recover data from faulty SSD?
What do you use to recover data that was deleted from SSD?

I'd like to try software made for both to cover everything!!

Keljian

Sep 9, 2015
Melbourne Australia
The only software I swear by for recovery is zero assumption recovery, it has saved a friend's wedding photos even after a full format.

That said, I have had an ssd hard fail on me, couldn't even get it to be recognised in the bios- would have needed some serious voodoo to recover that one.

Reactions: T_Minus

JustinH

Jan 21, 2015
Singapore
If it's working for a while after being powered off, could be temp related.

I've had some success with spinners by putting then in a ziplock bag in the freezer for a hour or two and then firing them up and quickly copying stuff off.

Reactions: T_Minus