SRX210H Juniper Care Core license

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

netspazz

Oct 3, 2020
I have an old SRX210H which is running really old release, 11.4R13.5, and I would like to get it up to the latest if possible. I have 2 questions.

1. How do I make sure it's not already registered with someone. I bought this on ebay last year.
2. How do I get Juniper Care Core on this device, I hear its pretty cheap, around $50. Would this allow me to download the latest firmware release?

I have seen SVC-COR-SRX-RA10 for ~$100, would this work for my SRX210H?

-Thanks in advance

scline

Apr 7, 2016
Unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to get support on that unit, its EOL. As for getting an updated version of its OS I will DM you shortly. Understand the newest versions is pretty outdated om that line (SRX200 series). I would recommend looking at an SRX300 if you want something with a more modern OS version.

You can generally find SRX300's for 150-200 on ebay. Sometimes even cheaper if you're lucky.

netspazz

Oct 3, 2020
I think I will try to play with the 210 but going forward I will try to get a 300, seems the best path forward for the money.

-Thanks!!

scline

Apr 7, 2016
Commit speed isn't a metric I would gauge on a network device, to be honest. You generally are not committing changes several times a day, so as long as throughput is there does commit speed really matter?

Reminds me of Palo Alto low-end firewalls, commits can take 1-2min but that has no barring on performance. Virtual or higher-end models appear to be more quick/instant, things that have an actual x86 CPU controlling management vs ARM.

vangoose

May 21, 2019
Canada
Commit speed isn't a metric I would gauge on a network device, to be honest. You generally are not committing changes several times a day, so as long as throughput is there does commit speed really matter?

Reminds me of Palo Alto low-end firewalls, commits can take 1-2min but that has no barring on performance. Virtual or higher-end models appear to be more quick/instant, things that have an actual x86 CPU controlling management vs ARM.
yea and I think commit has much lower priority than other fw/rt processes.