SQL cloud backup as a service

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

N3RO

Jun 5, 2013
Hey guys,

I'm on the market looking for a MS SQL database cloud-backup solution that performs full and differential backups every X minutes and upload'em to some cloud storage.

My goal is to install this agent in hundreds of servers and backup 2 specific DBs in each one to an off-site location and monitor all from a single dashboard.

I've tried one solution from Acronis but only full backups are supported.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

N3RO

Jun 5, 2013
Hello @Net-Runner

Thank you for suggestion but I'm looking for a cheaper solution that could integrate our software package as an optional externalized database backup service.
We are not a MSP and our deal is not infrastructure services.

Drewy

Apr 23, 2016
I take it you mean tlog backups every x minutes, not the full and differentials?

Could you not roll you own? Install Dropbox/box/whatever client on a central onprem box and backup to that?

amalurk

Dec 16, 2016
Can you create a cron job that runs a script that uses mysql dump or whatever and names them by date/time and then sftps the backups to a remote location into a directory that is named based on the db host it is coming from so then you have one dir for each server and all backups by date/time.

N3RO

Jun 5, 2013
Within our infrastructure the job is actually done with Ola scripting and then off-site uploaded to a FTP.

My goal is to find a 3rd party solution that provides this service to customers who run our software within their own servers.

markarr

Oct 31, 2013
You could look at either ahsay or cloudberry as baas. Ahsay you setup a server to manage it all and either backup to disk on the server or a cloud provider. Cloudberry mgmt in the cloud and you back up to a s3 device weather that is self hosted s3 like minio or backblaze, s3, azure.

Reactions: Evan

GabrieleV

May 31, 2015
Italy
Within our infrastructure the job is actually done with Ola scripting and then off-site uploaded to a FTP.

My goal is to find a 3rd party solution that provides this service to customers who run our software within their own servers.
If you simply need to automate backup + ftp you can consider SQL Backup Master.

There should be a free version too.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Drewy