Spring... kind of... Plans?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
What's everyone doing for spring around their place?

Anyone like our family and getting the garden ready, expanding garden, cleaning up brush, etc?

One big change we're implementing this year is we're moving the blue berries into their own enclosure instead of just a net. We lose pounds per-year from birds :( This year I'm making a 6' x 16' x 8' rectangle to 100% close them in, double or triple the # we have (high bush) as well as enclose a couple mini-fruit trees. We're also expanding the garden by re-doing some fence, we should pickup about 25' x 100' in one area, and the orchard area may get 50' x100' we'll see how much we expand! I really want to get enough fruit/apples to barter with other locals for some other stuff!!

My wife has been busy so far already and made 2 new garden beds for strawberries. Previously we'd cut a 50G drum in half and built stands out of native cedar but only 1 of those beds has survived last 3 years (too hot here too little soil) so we're expanding to 2 5'x5' beds for only strawberries.

My son and I did our first 'small' yard clean up, and burned a 4'x4'x4' pile we gathered up in about 10m from all the wind/storms this year lots of limbs needing taken care of, next up are the bigger burns.

ps: I siad "kind of" since it was supposed to snow today but only rained, ha ha!

So, what are you guys working on for spring?

Reactions: Aestr

capn_pineapple

Aug 28, 2013
It's just heading into Autumn here in Oz, I'm moving house again this week (4th time in the past 18 months). Trying to find a new job. Doing some new qualifications, getting out of IT and into OHS/Quality and Auditing.

All of my IT joy has been stolen from me by shitty management and bad business procedures so I'm culling it back to being something that I enjoy doing as a hobby where I have control of my stupid decisions.

Outside of that, new shrink and new meds make this pineapple a more stable person!

edit: Actually, I completely forgot... I've just started up a website for doing board game reviews and playthroughs. So far I only really have a bunch of posts covering my various weekly dungeons and dragons games (for my and my players benefits of remembering what happened the week before), but it's something I'm hoping to build up, perhaps start streaming some games (yes board games). It's actually been a huge help psychologically.

Last edited:
Reactions: T_Minus

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
On the inside I am going to be getting back around to finishing off my basement/ laundry room, plus still got loads of decorating and wood work to do around the house. I also have some tables, a fancy bunk bed and a new desk for my wife's office to design and build. I also have a whole load of oil seals to replace on the daily driver whenever the weather gets better, so I'm going to be pretty busy this spring/ summer :)

Xicaque

Mar 28, 2017
Olympia
I am not doing any yard work until another month or so. It rains too much here. Drives me nuts. Currently working on upgrading one of my servers and getting rid off papers and crap that has collected in the home library. Getting ready to move soon.

Reactions: T_Minus