Split great deals into EU and NA

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Mkvarner

Jan 3, 2015
The reason for this suggstion is quite simple. I am from Norway (EU) and it's hard to find the deals that are for EU readers (and possibly other continents). Most of your readers are probably from USA/Canada. But I do believe that other people living in EU or somewhere else would prefer if it was easier to see if the deal is available for them.

Splitting the great deals into more subforums or just require posting with [NA] [EU] would probably work.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
What about deals where there is reasonable shipping? Where would those go?

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
As pretty much all "great deal posts" are US only, I would suggest that only deals that might be good for europeans are labeled [EU] in the title (which is pretty much the norm already).

Alternatively you could create a subforum called european deals or something, but I doubt it would see enough traffic to warrant this.

Reactions: pgh5278 and T_Minus

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
As pretty much all "great deal posts" are US only, I would suggest that only deals that might be good for europeans are labeled [EU] in the title (which is pretty much the norm already).

Alternatively you could create a subforum called european deals or something, but I doubt it would see enough traffic to warrant this.
I like the idea of using [EU] labels. If you guys start posting lots of deals, I will get you your own subforum. Sound like a plan.

maze

Apr 27, 2013
@Patrick - In DK you get taxed/dutied with anything passing ~14$ in value (including shipping) if its caught in customs.. so a $15 usd item, will get slapped with a $17 "handeling" fee + 25% value tax ...... quite annoying :)

And +1 for the [EU] tag. That would be awesome!

wsuff

Aug 16, 2015
Perhaps just using CA for a Canada tag might be wise if it becomes more common. Great idea to mark the region for deals.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
As it looks like Brexit kills UK eBay deals for us in EU (it looks like we will need to pay VAT + VAT processing fee), I propose adding a UK tag.

Reactions: gb00s