Splash page for all servers?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Pr3dict

Apr 26, 2016
Hi all,

So I'm almost done with my entire home setup. It's taken a few months but I almost have it exactly where I want it.

However! I have so many different servers/ devices I need to connect to that need managing every once and awhile and I was hoping to make like a splash page/ home page to link everything from.

Instead of remembering each IP address for Access point 1-3 and switch 1 and router 1 and the file server, mediaserver, VPN server, tv tuner, UPS, etc. etc. etc... It would be cool to create like a basic homepage for it all.

Now, I am not very inclined in making websites per say so I was hoping someone knew of some kind of web application or guide that would have this type of thing for me. If all else fails I would love peoples recommendations for this as it would really be the icing on the cake at this point.

Thanks!

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
IPMIview won't work. It works for IPMI but not for all the random router and AP interfaces.

There's Office365 Excel and Google Sheets too.

fractal

Jun 7, 2016
pfSense - dhcp leases page - add static mappings for things you want to find and you can add a description. Otherwise you have to go by the name.

Not much help if you don't use pfSense and unfortunately the table is not clickable.

But, it is what I use when I can not remember if I called something "garage-switch-3" or "switch3" or ...

Pr3dict

Apr 26, 2016
Thanks for the answers so far. I am using PFSense and have static DHCP mappings for a lot of the devices. I was hoping there was a more graceful approach haha

wiretap

Jul 14, 2015
Michigan
I made a custom map in PRTG for my network. You can set whatever custom links you want for each device, it can tell the up/down/ping status, SNMP data, graph data, etc.. Also, PRTG is free for up to 100 "sensors". It should cover most small/medium size home networks.

example video of how easy it is:

fractal

Jun 7, 2016
Thanks for the answers so far. I am using PFSense and have static DHCP mappings for a lot of the devices. I was hoping there was a more graceful approach haha
Do you have a web server with PHP installed? If not, do you have command line PHP installed somewhere?

You can go to your pfSense Diagnostics->backup/restore menu and save your"DNS Resolver" configuration. It will save it to a file called "unbound-config-<some stuff about your host>-<date>". Copy or rename to "un.xml" or edit the script below.

Put this script on your web server with the XML file or run php on it to generate a HTML file.

Code:
Put your header text here.  It should probably have some html.

<?php
$xmlfile = "un.xml";

if (file_exists($xmlfile)) {
    $xml = simplexml_load_file($xmlfile);

$hosts = $xml['hosts'];

foreach ($xml as $host) {
        if (isset($host->host)) {
            echo "<a href= \"{$host->ip}\">{$host->host}</a><br />\n" ;
            //print_r($host);
        }
    }
} else {
    exit('Failed to open $xmlfile.');
}
?>

Put your footer here.
I am no PHP expert but as you can see, it is pretty easy to take the output from pfSense and generate a web page.