Sophos UTM v XG or something else....

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

amalurk

Dec 16, 2016
Kids are starting to use the Internet supervised when we can but not always. I was thinking to use a some filtering like Sophos UTM and XG look good.

Which is better Sophos UTM/XG, why? Or something else?

We are concerned about all the stuff you hear about with disturbing Youtube video and extremist stuff. We read this A mother's warning: If you have white teen sons, listen up ... - CNN and are concerned we need to do something for the start.

turgin

May 16, 2016
Personally, I prefer UTM as long you are under the 50 IP limit. Also, look into using OpenDNS. There are two free options that provide an extra layer by filtering at the DNS level. First option is just use their public DNS servers as upstream and it will block adult sites. Second free option requires registration but allows you some additional category based filtering.

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
Personally, I prefer UTM as long you are under the 50 IP limit. Also, look into using OpenDNS. There are two free options that provide an extra layer by filtering at the DNS level. First option is just use their public DNS servers as upstream and it will block adult sites. Second free option requires registration but allows you some additional category based filtering.
+ 1 for opendns, you can actually monitor the sites visited when registered too.