Sony WH1000-XM2/B

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

AJXCR

Jan 20, 2017
Surely this is a scam/highjacked account/typo, but hey.. I’ve successfully purchased a few valuable items on eBay for nothing. Seller is a long time member with no recent history... so it’s a gamble- assume that you’ll ultimately receive an empty box in the mail. I bought 2 :rolleyes:

These are the competitor to the latest greatests BOSE (typically a pile of junk w/excellent marketing, I know) noise cancelling headphones. Reviews are mixed- sound quality is unanimously agreed to be superior on the Sonys, noise cancelling is better/worse depending on the reviewer (so it’s at least comparable). If you have newer Apple devices with no headphone port, wireless headphones are a revelation.

This guy claims to be selling them for $30 a pop, free shipping:

Sony WH-1000XM2/B Wireless Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi Headphones | eBay

Last edited:
Reactions: poto

AJXCR

Jan 20, 2017
Looks like they are selling fast. 64 sold since I put up the post. Bought two more just for shits and giggles. Good Christmas presents lol.

Serhan

Sep 22, 2017
I am hesitant to order more. Do you think he would respond when we ask if this is the real deal? Or should we wait until we receive the box?

JTech007

Oct 4, 2016
I ordered 4 of these. Pretty sure his account got hacked. My PayPal payment has not been accepted by the "seller" as of yet and here is what I found about the seller on the transaction page:

Li Pu jiao (anthonycastaldi94)
The receiver of this payment is Non-US-Unverified
BentonofAndrewdt@yahoo.com

The name of the seller and the user name (on eBay) are not even remotely close to being the same person.

AJXCR

Jan 20, 2017
To be expected.. but you never know. I’ve had a few highly questionable items go though just fine (generally due to a typo). PayPal has you covered in the event things go bad

Serhan

Sep 22, 2017
I emailed the seller regarding his shipping timing but have not received any response. Does anyone know how long he can hold off on shipping?

AJXCR

Jan 20, 2017
Nope, but it may be written in the shipping and handling section. At this point I would say it's 99.9999% a hacked account. You can call your credit card company and usually have the money back same day. I'm going to let it ride a little longer. Not concerned. Based on past experience, my credit card company has always been exceptionally easy to deal with in this sort of situation.

-Craig

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I'm not able to open a case through paypal or ebay yet for some reason, it says "Paypal reports that we cannot open a case for this item." In ebay it shows unpaid but in PayPal I definitely see the charge for it. I paid with a credit card just for some protection anyway.

raileon

Jun 22, 2016
There is definitely something very odd about this one. Or I should say odd-er than I was expecting... Figured it was just a fake sale on a hacked account but worth a shot like most here.

Ebay says: Your 11/19/17 payment is being processed
Paypal says: Pending
Credit Card: Charged (Not pending)

When I made the purchase I also got a weird text from 729725 claiming to be Paypal and asking if I "recently attempt to make payment for ? Reply 1 if yes and you will need to reattempt your payment, reply 2 if no, and the payment will remain declined."

Searching for that number gave me: Text message from 729-725 - PayPal Community

Paypal themselves don't know what is going on but I've never seen a text like that from them and especially over such a small amount. I'm going to assume that text was from the hacker too. I never replied.

raileon

Jun 22, 2016
@AJXCR

Take that as a good sign, I thought paypal was only sending sellers my address and email when I made a payment. But there is no way that text I got was legit and the only place where that hacker could've gotten my personal cell number is paypal.

I'm only guessing here but I bet that if I had responded 1 to confirm the purchase I would have gotten a handy paypal looking URL so that I could submit payment again... lol

klammore

Jun 17, 2016
Unable to open case on eBay, going to try PayPal next.

Not terribly worried, I used a CC on PayPal so I’ll get it back eventually.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Just call Paypal, tell them to cancel the transaction. No problem doing that.

klammore

Jun 17, 2016
Just call Paypal, tell them to cancel the transaction. No problem doing that.

I called and was told they were unable to cancel the transaction since it was made through ebay, the rep sent the seller an email asking them to cancel the order. Was then informed that the seller had 30 days to sit on the pending transaction before paypal would refund me.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I called and was told they were unable to cancel the transaction since it was made through ebay, the rep sent the seller an email asking them to cancel the order. Was then informed that the seller had 30 days to sit on the pending transaction before paypal would refund me.
Try calling again, maybe you'll get a different rep who can cancel it. It might depend on what you tell them. I told them that the payment was 'unclaimed' and that 'ebay said to call you guys to see if ya'll can cancel it'.

I had already spoke to ebay who said the reason I couldn't open a case with them is because paypal already is investigating it. To my knowledge I was not aware of any such investigation...just that the payment was pending in paypal and it was showing as "unpaid" in ebay.