Sony WH1000-XM2/B

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
You'll probably see faster resolution by calling paypal until you get someone to cancel it, I don't think anyone's situation here is unique in that the transaction should -not- be cancel-able...

AJXCR

Jan 20, 2017
Possibly.. I've really never attempted to go through paypal.. When faced with a situation like this where I can provide sufficient evidence of wrong doing, credit has been reapplied to my account as quickly as same day (while they investigate.,

klammore

Jun 17, 2016
Yeah I’m not terribly worried about it, it’s only $30. I’ll give PayPal another call in the morning and tell them eBay told me to call them.

Worst case I’ll get my CC to refund me, but at that point PayPal will likely close my account(PayPal doesn’t like charge backs).

klammore

Jun 17, 2016
I finally had some time to call paypal again, I was able to get them to cancel/refund the payment. Just had to slide in there that I would contact my credit card company and that ebay told me that paypal was investigating the seller's recent transactions for fraudulent activity.

not sure why the first rep claimed they were unable to cancel it... but thanks for the help guys.

Serhan

Sep 22, 2017
Thank you for the update. I called Paypal, waited for 11 minutes, and mentioned that I was unable to reach the seller and that I suspect the account was hacked. They refunded my 30 dollars right away.

AJXCR

Jan 20, 2017
Thanks for doing all of the heavy lifting guys.. and sorry for being the one that got everyone into this mess.

If it makes you feel any better, I bought 10x... juuuust in case :)

I'll have to give paypal a call tomorrow.

Serhan

Sep 22, 2017
Thanks for doing all of the heavy lifting guys.. and sorry for being the one that got everyone into this mess.

No worries, it was too good to be true, so I was expecting that something would go wrong.

raileon

Jun 22, 2016
I can't stand Paypal sometimes...

They are literally telling everyone something different. They refused to cancel/refund me because the seller has to accept or decline the charge. They actually told me to go and do a chargeback on my credit card to get a refund quicker, seriously? Said it was impossible for them to do a refund at this time.

It really depends on who you get on the phone, guess I'll try again tomorrow.

AJXCR

Jan 20, 2017
I can't stand Paypal sometimes...

They are literally telling everyone something different. They refused to cancel/refund me because the seller has to accept or decline the charge. They actually told me to go and do a chargeback on my credit card to get a refund quicker, seriously? Said it was impossible for them to do a refund at this time.

It really depends on who you get on the phone, guess I'll try again tomorrow.
I've yet to call to try and retrieve my $300.. Sounds like it's going to be a joy! Maybe I'll get lucky with the paypal representative I happen to draw.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016

Haha, I did as well.

raileon

Jun 22, 2016
All set.

Last night: The seller has to accept or decline! It's *unpossible* for us to refund you. You should do a CC chargeback. It won't hurt your account.

Today: Sure, no problem please log out of your Paypal account for a few minutes while I take care of it. Logged back in, refunded in full.

I did learn a few new things from this one though. Paypal can somehow block me from pursuing an item not received dispute on eBay even though the delivery deadline was days ago. When a seller does not accept or decline a payment, Paypal will still take the money from my credit and keep it safe in their own piggy bank. And even though, I seem to be the only one here to have gotten that text, I still think that was part of the scam. Nothing about it made sense...

My headphones :'-(

Serhan

Sep 22, 2017
Aside from this experience we had, is it realistic to get these headphones below $100? That is the limit I had in mind.