Some SAS Cards

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I found these in the CDW outlet for 50% of even ebay prices so maybe they're useful to somebody. Call to order them as stock isn't always accurate for outlet items. Item condition is open-box to bnib with full warranty and cdw return policy.

Dell 405-AAES 12gbps hba exteral for $44:
DELL SAS 12GBPS HBA EXT CONTROLLER ( - 405-AAES-BSTK - Z - CDW Internal Use/Service Pts - CDW.com
DELL SAS 12GBPS HBA EXT CONTROLLER ( - 405-AAES-BSTK - Z - CDW Internal Use/Service Pts - CDW.com

Supermicro AOC-S3008L-L8I 12G 8-port raid for $74. They have a lot of these:
SUPERMICRO 12G 8PT SAS RAID CARD (BS - AOC-S3008L-L8I-BSTK - Z - CDW Internal Use/Service Pts - CDW.com
SUPERMICRO 12G 8PT SAS RAID CARD (BS - AOC-S3008L-L8I-BSTK - Z - CDW Internal Use/Service Pts - CDW.com

One other thing that was priced pretty well at $1020 is this Supermicro Superserver SYS-7048R-C1RT:
SUPERMICRO SUPERSRV 4U 2XE5-2600 V3 - SYS-7048R-C1RT-BSTK - Z - CDW Internal Use/Service Pts - CDW.com

Hope someone can use this stuff. Kinda a waste to see them not get bought at these prices.

andrewbedia

Jan 11, 2013
Is passive aggressive commenting helping the forum? Please don't behave like this.

Looking at the AOC-S3008L-L8I alone in that list looks like a fine price to me when I search that same card on ebay in addition to 9300-8i/9311-8i. I don't see an issue here.

am45931472

Feb 26, 2019
Is the exact same guy always pumping up luke warm CDW deals helping this forum? I don't think so. The guy is probably a CDW sales rep trying to clearance out their stock and using this forum to do so.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Is the exact same guy always pumping up luke warm CDW deals helping this forum? I don't think so. The guy is probably a CDW sales rep trying to clearance out their stock and using this forum to do so.
And who exactly are you again? Some shill with 27 posts coming on this forum to start trouble? o_O

Check the prices on those items--if you find the exact item in the exact condition lower, post a link. That's being helpful. Otherwise, these aren't 'luke warm' deals and you need to stop posting bad opinions. :rolleyes:

I'm just another user that happens to check out the CDW outlet as well as other places for cheap deals as a way to destress. When I find deals I can't use and I know others can, I pass them on. If you can't use them, then move on. That's what normal people would do.

I really wish CDW would hire me to do this for them, lol. If I got just 10% of sales as a commission I bet I could make some serious buck each week. :D

And for the record, anyone that does have an affiliation with a company when promoting or even reviewing an item has to disclose it per some EU and US laws (can't remember the exact laws off the top of my head), so I would have to add a disclosure that I am affiliated. Not to mention I'd have to have an agreement with Patrick to do so since commercial posts are prohibited without an arrangement.

Sorry for the strong rebuttal folks, but it seems to be the same people being butthurt about not finding what they want and blaming me, and I'm getting sick of it. If I didn't know for fact that there are people here benefiting from these deals, I would have stopped already.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Is passive aggressive commenting helping the forum? Please don't behave like this.

Looking at the AOC-S3008L-L8I alone in that list looks like a fine price to me when I search that same card on ebay in addition to 9300-8i/9311-8i. I don't see an issue here.
Thank you for stepping in and confirming what I found as well on the pricing. I was comparing ebay pricing too even though the condition of these is better than used. :)

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Samir my friend, you did nothing wrong. The amount of likes you have given out in appreciation for other's posts show me that you not only read, but you are a good guy. Don't bother fighting with a negy-naggy. (negative nagger). Your post is much appreciated and welcome.

I actually like the price on the Supermicro AOC cards. I wish they were a tad bit cheaper though. They look juicy for me to flash... ;)
Thank you friend. :) I like the community here a lot and have learned a TON. What's not to like? :)

If the price on those SM cards aren't where you want them to be, check back each week or so as outlet items keep dropping in price until CDW takes them out of the outlet and puts them on a liquidation pallet. Usually this price is south of 50% of the comparable street price. I've seen stuff go as cheap as 90% off, but don't think these cards will hit that mark.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Yeah the clearance isn't a bad price for these cards and what they're capable of. I wish they would post them on eBay with offers. They would go super fast.

I actually was thinking about the price of this card and the fact that if I got it slightly cheaper, I would flip them on eBay for a coin or two :D

But this discount price isn't bad at all. i might still consider grabbing a couple to play with. So bookmarking time! Lol!
I really wonder why they don't have someone in-house that posts these products when they hit lower than the 50% price point as they would disappear on ebay pretty quick. I guess the 20% fees are too much since the stuff on the liquidation pallet usually sells for about 50% across the board. (I looked into these after I missed something I needed, but they weren't really a deal anymore at that price.)

Yeah, I've thought about that too. I've seen servers and workstations go for easily $1000 less than other places selling them new or even open box on ebay--just not work my time atm.

I don't even know how capable the SM cards are as I didn't research them too far beyond price. But as SM usually makes some stout stuff, I would expect them to be quite nice.

Thomas H

Dec 2, 2017
Yeah the clearance isn't a bad price for these cards and what they're capable of. I wish they would post them on eBay with offers. They would go super fast.

I actually was thinking about the price of this card and the fact that if I got it slightly cheaper, I would flip them on eBay for a coin or two :D

But this discount price isn't bad at all. i might still consider grabbing a couple to play with. So bookmarking time! Lol!
I am following your thread "Flash/Crossflash DELL H330 RAID Card to HBA330/12Gbps HBA IT Firmware." So isn't this the same SAS3008 so virtually same as Dell H330 card?

Reactions: Samir

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Personally, I find CDW Outlet difficult to search. Their search tools are pretty poor if you are just browsing and don't have something specific in mind. So, if forum members, like @Samir, are willing to do it for me...well I think that's really really GREAT! ;)

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Personally, I find CDW Outlet difficult to search. Their search tools are pretty poor if you are just browsing and don't have something specific in mind. So, if forum members, like @Samir, are willing to do it for me...well I think that's really really GREAT! ;)
:D I'm always open to searching for something specific too if someone is looking for something.

It is quite difficult to search, especially when some of the descriptions are wrong or cryptic. Hence it's a really great place to find stuff if you know the model number or the manufacturer, like a search on 'ubiquiti' will get you everything ubiquiti:
Wireless Antennas | CDW

Looking for an Eaton UPS replacement battery or UPS? Try searching 'eaton':
Search Results

The best part is that the prices keep dropping so if I see something I like, but don't like the price, I keep checking back until it's near the price I want. :)

Reactions: Markess

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
...It is quite difficult to search, especially when some of the descriptions are wrong or cryptic. Hence it's a really great place to find stuff if you know the model number or the manufacturer, like a search on 'ubiquiti' will get you everything ubiquiti:
I'm strictly a hobbyist these days, so sometimes I like to just browse vendors to see what's available for a good price and get ideas for new projects. But, if you don't have a specific goal in mind, CDW Outlet isn't very much fun!

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
About 20 years ago I used to live 5 minutes away from their (then brand new) showroom/warehouse in Vernon Hills, IL. So I shopped there a lot. It always amazed me how disorganized their inventory system was. I never had another vendor who cancelled so many online orders after seemingly successful checkout because the item was out of stock.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I'm strictly a hobbyist these days, so sometimes I like to just browse vendors to see what's available for a good price and get ideas for new projects. But, if you don't have a specific goal in mind, CDW Outlet isn't very much fun!
That's kinda how I go through the outlet, but I pick a vendor and then sort by price and check out the discounts on interesting stuff and see if it's a deal or not. Then I figure out if I really need it (which I 99% of the time don't), and then think of who would use it and post the deals there. :)

I'm glad I found sth for a lot of the enterprise stuff because there's a lot of in the outlet since cdw mainly deals with other companies vs individuals. Also that keeps the quality of the returns really high. I think about 50% of the stuff I buy is bnib or open box binb. Even drives that have been opened rarely have more than a few hours on them if any.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
About 20 years ago I used to live 5 minutes away from their (then brand new) showroom/warehouse in Vernon Hills, IL. So I shopped there a lot. It always amazed me how disorganized their inventory system was. I never had another vendor who cancelled so many online orders after seemingly successful checkout because the item was out of stock.
I just moved from being close to there--was like a kid living near a toy store. :)

I don't have much experience with online ordering even on their normal inventory. I don't know if it's because I've been ordering by phone with them for so long (mid 1990s) that I'm just used to that or if I had any particularly bad experiences with cancellations. I only buy from the outlet now (and still by phone), so I'll probably not get a chance to check that for normal inventory. It would be interesting to hear others' experiences as the online system would be nice after hours and on weekends if the order will go through.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
I've ordered from them sporadically since the early '90s. When it came to the outlet, with the exception of small items, it seemed like every listing used to be for one of a listed item. Or if there was more than one, they'd list each separately. A sales rep told me once a long time ago, that if you order by phone they'd be able to "claim" something right then and flag it in inventory as "sold". But, if you just checked out online, then you had to hope it was still unclaimed when the warehouse staff got around to picking your order. If it got "claimed" and "sold" by a rep before yours came up in queue to be picked, then you were out of luck even if it was still physically there. I have no idea if its still that way.

Reactions: Fritz

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I've ordered from them sporadically since the early '90s. When it came to the outlet, with the exception of small items, it seemed like every listing used to be for one of a listed item. Or if there was more than one, they'd list each separately. A sales rep told me once a long time ago, that if you order by phone they'd be able to "claim" something right then and flag it in inventory as "sold". But, if you just checked out online, then you had to hope it was still unclaimed when the warehouse staff got around to picking your order. If it got "claimed" and "sold" by a rep before yours came up in queue to be picked, then you were out of luck even if it was still physically there. I have no idea if its still that way.
The one item per cdw part number is still pretty true, although if you call in, you can check if there are multiple items, and I have had that happen a few times. Even on a supermicro dom I posted a long time ago seemed to have quite a few in stock.

As far as why phone orders get picked (claimed) quicker is that I think phone orders are processed quicker while online orders go through some sort of other checks before heading to picking. But I've even had phone orders miss the pick (rarely) so that can happen too. Kinda makes sense when you only have 1 item at a great price and a bunch of people try to order it. You'd have to have a real-time inventory system to have the inventory update fast enough to keep up with the demand.

Whenever I call in an order and they can't tell if the item is still there or not, I ask them if they can get someone in the warehouse to put their hands on it before I place the order and they always oblige. It's saved me and them time when the item was sold a few minutes before I called.

The outlet takes some work to get the item at the discounted price (phone ordering and confirming inventory), but when you get used to that, the savings can add up quickly.