Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Yeah, you'd probably need a couple of them depending on the thickness, but that sounds like a reasonable workaround
Could you measure how thick this type of washer would need to be since you should have both the factory and traditional screws?

Khaveer

Mar 19, 2022
Could you measure how thick this type of washer would need to be since you should have both the factory and traditional screws?
I can check it sometime next week. The t620 is a key part of my production network atm and I really don't want to take it down before I receive parts needed to get my main host back up.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I can check it sometime next week. The t620 is a key part of my production network atm and I really don't want to take it down before I receive parts needed to get my main host back up.
Makes sense. If you can measure the thickness, I'm sure I could find the part number at digikey/mouser or maybe even home depot/lowes. :)

cleonard

Aug 25, 2022
I gave up on finding screws as my unit came with none. I used a small piece of double sided foam mounting tape on the M.2 SSD. Mine is only a $20 regular T620, so the more permanent install isn't much of an issue for me.

If the pluses were not over $100, I would get one.

N3RO

Jun 5, 2013
Hello,

Looking for one HP T620 Plus for a Pfsense build.

Any considerations or other checking before buying? Hardware revisions, Firmware versions, PSU, etc.?

The deal I'm currently watching has 16GB SSD, 4GB RAM and NC365T NIC.

Thanks

Khaveer

Mar 19, 2022
Makes sense. If you can measure the thickness, I'm sure I could find the part number at digikey/mouser or maybe even home depot/lowes. :)
Sorry for the really late reply. I've finally found some time to take that t620 down and measure the screw. The part that goes under the m.2 drive is 1.3mm thick. I'm not sure if they make any washers/spacers with this thickness but if you find one please let us know.

EDIT: I've created a 3D model of the part. It's probably not very good for printing, for now I just tried to make reproduction of the original part to share some accurate dimensions. In the original part the screw goes through a metallic insert with an outside diameter of 3.5mm. One end of the insert is threaded just enough to keep the screw captive.

Attachments

Last edited:

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Sorry for the really late reply. I've finally found some time to take that t620 down and measure the screw. The part that goes under the m.2 drive is 1.3mm thick. I'm not sure if they make any washers/spacers with this thickness but if you find one please let us know.

EDIT: I've created a 3D model of the part. It's probably not very good for printing, for now I just tried to make reproduction of the original part to share some accurate dimensions. In the original part the screw goes through a metallic insert with an outside diameter of 3.5mm. One end of the insert is threaded just enough to keep the screw captive.
If you can figure out the washer size using this chart, then I think finding one at mcmaster-carr should be pretty easy:

keshav

May 21, 2021
What is your typical power consumption for a t620 plus with an i340 t4 NIC?

Also have you noticed any performance degradations with running the latest bios?

Last edited: