[SOLVED] X9SRL-F Ram Wouldn't Post

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zack$

Aug 16, 2018
I've swapped CPUs and move around ram sticks one by one. This has led me to identify two dimm banks that give either give a B7 error code or it wouldn't post at all, respectfully.

I can get temperature readings off those two banks, so I'm thinking they can't be totally dead.

Any ideas?

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
If you've got two full banks acting oddly its likely bent pins on the CPU socket. Pull the CPU and examine it with a magnifier (jewelers lupe works best).

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
If you can tell which pins are bent you can - sometimes - get them back in place with a small needle-like tool. I've had success nudging them with a very small jewelers screwdriver. But its delicate work and you can very easily make things worse.

Best fix and an RMA and replace the socket - but that's probably cost prohibitive on such an old MB.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Was this board working before and just started this behavior? Do you have any LSI adapters esp Dell H310 in use? Try removing it and see if memory is detected. In that case, use the tape on B5-B6 pins.

Otherwise Clean the cpu pads with alcohol wipe and let it dry for couple of min.

if there are only few bent pins, fairly easy to nudge them back in. Needs a bit of patience and care. Check a YouTube a video to get an idea.

bayleyw

Jan 8, 2014
Do you have a standoff shorting the DIMM slot? On my H11SSL the middle standoff on the top row is not present and instead sits under a DIMM slot.

vangoose

May 21, 2019
Canada
Do you have a standoff shorting the DIMM slot? On my H11SSL the middle standoff on the top row is not present and instead sits under a DIMM slot.
Exactly, I had the exact same issue with this board after I moved the board from another case but missed to remove a standoff.

zack$

Aug 16, 2018
I considered this and used electrical tape on all the stand-offs. Maybe I need to take a second look.

zack$

Aug 16, 2018
Apparently I needed to just take off the one stand-off by dimm C for this to work. Using electrical tape will not resolve.

Thanks!