[solved] X8DTN+ with AOC-SIMLP-3+ - Remote Console Keyboard / Mouse problems

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
I picked this motherboard and IPMI combination up in a SuperMicro 2U deal this week but I'm having some issues with the remote console portion. I can get to the management interface (web), login, and do pretty much anything and even launch the remote control but I simply am unable to get any keys or the mouse to pass-thru.

Product Overview with links to drivers: Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Products | Accessories | Software | Supermicro Intelligent Management
Manual: http://www.supermicro.com/manuals/other/AOC-SIMLP.pdf

The firmware version on this card states 01.66.00 and is from 2013 but the supermirco ftp sites only has a version up from 09 that's 160.bin ... I'm not sure I understand how they got newer firmware on here.

The different options I've tried include:
Remote Console Type: Default Java / Sun Java
Keyboard Model: Generic 109 / Generic 104
USB Mouse Type: Windows >= 2000, Mac, OSX / Other operating systems

I've tried a few searches but nothing comes up for this model and card that points to something I could try so I'm reaching out to see if someone has had any similar experiences or a resolution.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
I was unable to find any mention of 1.66 firmware on the net so flashed 1.64 and I'm still having the same issues. Factory defaults on the BIOS as well and resetting the card didn't help either. I'm at a loss.