[SOLVED] Reset password to IMPI

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Sejtan

Oct 3, 2020
Hey all,
has AsRock P2C612-WS motherboard. I forgot the password to my admin account for IMPI.
Is there any way I can restore it? I run unraid 6.11on server.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
I never worked with asrock stuff, but I assume that it should be similar to supermicro or other vendors.
There are different ipmi tools that can be run from linux/windows to reset the ipmi back to factory settings and the admin password.

Edit: I mean from linux/windows as baremetal os and not vms (the os + the tools needs access to the bmc)

Sejtan

Oct 3, 2020
I never worked with asrock stuff, but I assume that it should be similar to supermicro or other vendors.
There are different ipmi tools that can be run from linux/windows to reset the ipmi back to factory settings and the admin password.

Edit: I mean from linux/windows as baremetal os and not vms (the os + the tools needs access to the bmc)
Hi i386.
If I install FreeNas. FreeNAS has built-in IMPI. Can I restore from there?

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
I don't use Freenas, so I can't tell.

I googled what tools could be used and found many references to supermicros ipmicfg: www.supermicro.com - /wdl/utility/IPMICFG/
(the zip file contains binaries for linux, freebsd, windows, dos and uefi).
That tool should work with all bmc based solutions that conform to the ipmi 2.0 standard.

Reactions: RolloZ170