[SOLVED] OmniOS r151021 (latest Bloody) and napp-it: Tty.so Perl error on admin.pl

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

blc

Apr 11, 2017
Hi,

I did a fresh OmniOS bloody install on USB stick and then installed napp-it via the "wget -O - www.napp-it.org/nappit | perl" stanza. Install went fine and I booted the box. Went to IP:81 and got this error on admin.pl page

Code:
ld.so.1: perl: fatal: relocation error: file /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/auto/IO/Tty/Tty.so: symbol Perl_xs_apiversion_bootcheck: referenced symbol not found
I did some Googling around this problem but couldn't find a definitive solution.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

Attachments

Last edited:

jtomkins

Apr 12, 2017
Hi,

I did a fresh OmniOS bloody install on USB stick and then installed napp-it via the "wget -O - www.napp-it.org/nappit | perl" stanza. Install went fine and I booted the box. Went to IP:81 and got this error on admin.pl page

Code:
ld.so.1: perl: fatal: relocation error: file /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/auto/IO/Tty/Tty.so: symbol Perl_xs_apiversion_bootcheck: referenced symbol not found
I did some Googling around this problem but couldn't find a definitive solution.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

Installing perl-64 resolved this for me

blc

Apr 11, 2017
Installing perl-64 resolved this for me
That did it, thank you!

Edit: Apparently this didn't fix it completely because I see somewhat relating error on f.ex. "Pools" page

Code:
Can't load '/var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/auto/IO/Tty/Tty.so' for module IO::Tty: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/auto/IO/Tty/Tty.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 at /usr/perl5/5.24.1/lib/i86pc-solaris-thread-multi-64/DynaLoader.pm line 193. at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/IO/Tty.pm line 30. Compilation failed in require at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/IO/Pty.pm line 7. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/IO/Pty.pm line 7. Compilation failed in require at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/Expect.pm line 22. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/Expect.pm line 22. Compilation failed in require at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/zfsos/_lib/illumos/zfslib.pl line 2842. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/zfsos/_lib/illumos/zfslib.pl line 2842. Compilation failed in require at admin.pl line 399.

Last edited:

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
TTy.so is a binary required for interactive commands like passwd to set passwords via GUI over the Perl module Expect (Tty.so is compiled together with Expect.pm)

napp-it comes with precompiled Tty.so binaries for supported OS versions. After login it checks for the needed binary and copy this file to /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/auto/IO/Tty/Tty.so . I have tried an earlier version of bloody were this worked. If the newest bloody or later the 151022 gives problems, you need to wait for a napp-it update, check napp-it // webbased ZFS NAS/SAN appliance for OmniOS, OpenIndiana, Solaris and Linux : Downloads for updates

A Perl update will not solve this but may be the reason for problems.

blc

Apr 11, 2017

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
If you need Perl-64, you may compile the Cpan module Expect.pm and replace the file
/var/web-gui/data/tools/omni_022/CGI/auto/IO/Tty/Tty.so with a new one.

Only problem: After an update, the file is gone but it is possible to add an update save mechanism.

In general I would not add services to the storage appliance but use virtualisation,
for example with ESXi or Linux LX container/zones on OmniOS

Reactions: T_Minus

asche

Oct 6, 2017
Just to note that, following upgrade to the new OmniOS release (r151026), napp-it (18.01free) again throws Tty.so errors in the web interface (not at my home desk right now - something like "wrong handshake, expected HEX1 got HEX2")