[solved] napp-it and infiniband : where is menu ?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

rchristophe

Aug 29, 2016
Hello,

i try napp-it free on dell R510 with mellanox infiniband card. Everything works fine except the 033_Network_IB menu
that does not appear in system menu.

Should it be activated? If yes how can do that ?

napp-it version => 16.07f July.28.2016
OmniOS version => r151018
Firefox version => 45.4.0

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
napp-it is now a product with around 7 years of development into different directions with many features and menus that are not supported by napp-it/ OmniOS/ Solaris, only needed in special environments or at home like the Mediatomb mediaserver or end of live like netatalk.

There are also many users who started with ZFS and Solaris who had problems with first steps due the amount of options and menus. Some admin options are removed if you login as operator instead admin but a lot of menu remain that are not essential for most users. While Sun/ Oracle had build in many enterprise features into Solaris and I only support a fraction of them in the GUI, I decided to remove all menus that are not needed in a core ZFS server. I did not removed them completely but separated them into different menu sets that allows not only translations but also reducing displayed menus.

The default menu set is "sol" (Solaris) with all base functions for a Solarish server. If you want all menus, you can switch to "en", either in the top menu nearby logout or as a permanent setting (About > settings).

Last edited:
Reactions: T_Minus