First thank you very much, I also joined because of you. However, this did not work for me exactly.7. Now copy the file [javax.activation.services] in to your Java /bin/ folder, in my example C:\OracleJRE32\bin\.
Mate, tks a million. I too registered just to thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed solution.Success.
This concludes my experiments with this.
- Megaraid Storage Manager and Java gone from the system. Make sure you don't have anything that may conflict. I do not know how an upgrade of previous MSM version will work, don't have one.
- Install Oracle Java i586 (32 bit version).
(My OS is x64, but I could not get the x64 version of Java to work.)
View attachment 27102
- Choose a destination folder - during the Java installation - that will not have any spaces, in my case I chose C:\OracleJRE32
View attachment 27103
- After the Java installation is done, set an environment variable to aforementioned folder, call it JRE_HOME.
View attachment 27107
- Test with a CMD: type java -version, it should give you the installed Java environment info.
Remember the dash before version "- version".
- Now copy the file [javax.activation.services] in to your Java /bin/ folder, in my example C:\OracleJRE32\bin\.
- Install MSM (yes, it's the 17.05.06.00 version)
I selected NO here. Don't have a running LDAP.
View attachment 27104
This setting made me try twice, it worked both with 2048 and 1024.
View attachment 27105
I had no reason to select anything but default here.
View attachment 27106
- Installation successful, no additional reboot needed.
View attachment 27109
View attachment 27108
- The file [javax.activation.jar] that is mentioned as a separate download is NEEDED as far as I have seen.
Lacking this file will cause MSM to not find the server.
I shall make the files and this tutorial available on my little tech blog and my Confluence docs...
Disclaimer. There may be other ways to do this, but I have found this to be the most straightforward and simplest to achieve. Basically no coding, only knowledge of file management and environment variables required.