[Solved] Fujitsu D2607-A21 cannot be flashed

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Owl789

Nov 18, 2015
Hello out there, I hope to get further hints how to get my D2607 flashed to the latest IR firmware.

The adapter was found on Ebay Germany for ~40EUR.

I have been through a lot of reading, tried to follow the suggestions and the various tool and FW/ROM versions, but whatever I try, I get an error. Mostly its "Failed to validate Mfg page 2", sometimes followed by "FW returned exception, IOCStatus 0 =x4 or 0x20 or 0x25, IOCLogInfo = 0x0".

Tried all availabe DOS versions including the LSI rescue ISO, and all efi version from P15 onward. Mainboards are ASUS M5A99X EVO R2 for efi (DOS does not work due to PAL error), tried also to use an ASUS M3N-WS with pure DOS.

Reading the SAS-address with megarec worked fine, also deleting the flash.

Tried all SBR versions I could find. sas2hax.efi gives the same Mfg page 2 error as the other efi tools.

Baseline: Fujitsu 9211-8i D2607 LSISAS2008 wont flash to anything

Thanks for your feedback, Owl

Owl789

Nov 18, 2015
I have prepared with these steps as recommended:
- Save the original SBR with megarec
- Read the SAS-address
- Overwrite the SBR with SBR-A21.bin
- Delete the flash with megarec, worked ok, no stop at half the memory.

- Also tried sas2flsh -o -e 6, fails.

Thanks, Owl

Owl789

Nov 18, 2015
Success, the controller now works with P20 FW and Bios. Had to use the old SBRIR.bin from a package from Supermicro.

Procedure on M5A99X EVO R2.0:
- Boot into FreeDOS
- Overwrite the SBR with SBRIR.bin
- Delete the flash with megarec.
- Reboot to UEFI shell
- Use sas2hax and flash the P20 FW only. Download seemed to work, but reset gave error.
- Reboot
- Use sas2hax to flash both P20 FW and BIOS. Success!
- Rewrite SAS address.

Only downside: controller only sees one connector = 4 ports.

The SBR read back from the controller looks like this:
9211-oneportonly.png

When I compare to the saved original SBR and the explanation found in
Crossflashing the Fujitsu D2607 I miss the SAS address, and the explanation does not seem to work that byte 0x12 =07 shows the connector fix. The backed up original SBR shows a 04 there.

Recommendations?

Additional question: do I need to flash the UEFI BSD P20 too? What is that required for?

Thanks, Owl

Reactions: stamster

Owl789

Nov 18, 2015
Thanks, I stumbled across that thread too, and after some hesitation and trying to understand the differences in the SBR I simply saved the working SBR, and wrote the SBR-A21.bin and both ports are working fine now.
I don't see the SAS address written into my SBR, but the sas2flash.efi from the P20 package nicely lists the same address I noted in the -list option.

Thanks, have a nice weekend, Owl