SOLD: Supermicro X9DRH-7F with LSI 9207-8i IT firmware with defect - $60 + shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
I have a defective Supermicro X9DRH-7F rev 1.01 motherboard that is only partially functional (details below). I've used it on and off in my lab for about a year now and I need to make room so selling at a discount. Asking for $60 + actual shipping costs. I'm located in southern California, so cheaper if you're closer. If you're in San Diego county, local pickup is okay too. Prefer US buyer. Prefer Google Wallet or Zelle for payment.

Here are the details:
- Model: Supermicro E-ATX motherboard X9DRH-7F Rev 1.01
- BIOS updated to 3.3 (latest)
- IPMI firmware updated to 3.54 (latest)
- onboard SAS2208 RAID controller has been flashed to LSI 9207-8i firmware to run as IT mode. version P20.00.07.00 with LSI BIOS ROM.

PLEASE NOTE, because this is sort of a "hack", the warning LED for the SAS controller will be red, but it works and functions as an IT mode HBA controller fine. BUT.... here's the main defect of this board; the 1st SAS port (ports 0-3) does not work; if you connect anything to this SAS port (SFF-8087), the SAS controller chip freezes up and crashes. If you only use ports 4-7 (2nd SAS port), it works just fine. My guess is that one of the SAS lanes is shorted or something, but I'm not 100% sure; my visual inspection didn't find anything, but you might.

- confirmed to support E5-2600 v2 CPUs. tested with E5-2640v2 CPUs in *both* sockets.
- confirmed all DIMM slots work; tested with 16x16GB PC3L-12800R DIMMs (SK Hynix brand)
- confirmed all 7 PCIe slots work at x8 wide. There is one x16 slot which I tested with only a x8 PCIe card, but I have no reason to believe the rest of the x16 slot doesn't work.
- confirmed i350-T2 network ports both work
- confirmed all 10 SATA ports (2x 6Gbps AHCI + 4x 3Gbps AHCI + 4x 3Gbps SCU) work
- confirmed FAN1-4, and FANA-B work. my 2U chassis didn't have rear fans so didn't test FAN5-6, but no reason to believe they wouldn't.
- IPMI LAN interface works fine, and reset to default values and user/password.
- OOB BIOS update license already added to this board.

I will ship the board with proper socket protectors, in anti-static bag, and well protected.

I've sold and bought many things here before; long time STH member. Please feel free to reach out with any questions. PM me for private questions, but if you have questions that might benefit others, feel free to post below and I can share the answer with everyone.

Reactions: Aestr and Samir