EU SOLD: Supermicro CSE-M28SAB-OEM 2x 5.25 8x 2.5" cage w/ caddies

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

lte

Apr 13, 2020
DE
ALL GONE

Selling some Supermicro CSE-M28SAB-OEM SFF Drive cages for unused fullsize 5.25 slots.

The cages are fanless and are straight through to two SFF8087 connectors, thus SAS3/SATA3 compatible.
I used them to upgrade NAS-purposed tower servers, which have by now either been retired or upgraded to U.2
No signs of use at the (visible) front.
Had both, the Icydock and Supermicro cages, liked the Supemicro ones more due to the "normal" latch mechanism and common caddy.

1599323136709.png

€75 ppcs
Global shipping from Germany and PayPal possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: fabricist and Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Provantage had 2x of these in their open box for like $60 shipped. I had no idea people liked these or I would have posted them in the great deals section. glws!

Reactions: chinesestunna

lte

Apr 13, 2020
DE
Being these fanless, how you did you cool the drives in your tower servers ?
Utilizing the negative pressure from the internal fans - I would however advise against using the older HGST 6G SAS SSDs as 8 of them generate significant heat that a smaller tower with just one exhaust fan couldn't handle without transforming to a jet engine.

So with a T620 or ML350 (G8) you wouldn't have any issues, I wouldn't wanna try it with a ML30 or similar though

Reactions: Samir

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
Provantage had 2x of these in their open box for like $60 shipped. I had no idea people liked these or I would have posted them in the great deals section. glws!
Man you should've posted, would've been all over those

Reactions: Samir

lte

Apr 13, 2020
DE
bumping again, the items are looing like new and come in their original box - no dust or any signs of usage