[SOLD] Norco 4220/4224 Front Fan Bezel 3x120mm

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Magius

Oct 15, 2016
Orlando, FL
I was wondering if anyone is interested in a 3D printed fan bezel for their Norco Chassis? It holds 3x 120mm fans and I believe is intended to zip tie to the chassis' front handles. I have similar bezels on my sc846 and sc847 chassis and they really help keeping drives cool, especially during high activity like resilvering.

I printed the Norco bezel in PLA using the files on this thread, credit to Michael_P for the design. Ultimately I decided not to use it and instead to modify the design of the sc846 bezel to fit the Norco. I like that the sc846 bezel holds 3x 140mm fans instead, and I also like the fit and attachment method a bit better. Cosmetically it's also nice that all three of my chassis now look like they have the same bezel, instead of the Norco looking different. In any case I'd hate to just toss the Norco bezel in the landfill, so I'm happy to give it FREE to anyone who will cover shipping.

You can see a photo of the bezel installed on a new 4224 in the thread I linked, but the front of my older 4224 is a bit different, and of course so is the 4220. I attached a photo of this bezel on my old style 4224 and my decommissioned 4220. Note that there is a gap between the bezel and the chassis front on both my old chassis. The Norco handles protrude too far and hit the bezel's attachment "wings". This bezel was definitely designed for the newer style 4224 handles, but it is workable on either.
4220.jpg
4224 Left.jpg

In the 4224 picture you can see I extended a fan header to the front handle through a screw hole, and from there I would connect the three fans in the bezel to a 3-way splitter (just be careful of current draw if you're using a consumer motherboard. Supermicro boards handle this with ease). This is how I wired up my sc846/847 bezels as well and it allows easy removal of the bezel and motherboard PWM control of the fans.

Final note, the tape in the photos was just temporary for test fitting. The bezel will ship in 6 pieces and you simply super glue them together then install the fans. Or skip the glue and let the fans hold the pieces together I guess :)
Pieces.jpg
If you want to estimate shipping I'm in Orlando, FL and the pieces fit nicely in a 5.5 x 6.25 x 9.5 box weighing about 1 lb 12 oz. Or let me know where you live and I can estimate it.

P.S. - If you're local to the Orlando area I've tried in the past a couple times to give away my old Norco 4220 chassis. A few of the sleds are damaged, but functional, and internally everything else works (or did the last time I powered it up). Let me know if interested (again, it's FREE) and I can give more details and photos. I just don't want to ship it so we'd have to be able to meet somewhere near Orlando.

Loto_Bak

Mar 10, 2011
Hmmm I recently decomisioned my 4224 but never had any issues cooling with the stock fan setup. It blows a lot of air even when slowed down for noise. Just ensure you close the vents on any trays you are not using.

Reactions: Samir

Magius

Oct 15, 2016
Orlando, FL
Hmmm I recently decomisioned my 4224 but never had any issues cooling with the stock fan setup.
There's nothing wrong with the stock fans, this is just something extra if you need or want more cooling. My servers are in a "Harry Potter closet" under the stairs, no cool air vent, and with them all running it can get really hot in there. Pushing extra air over my supermicro chassis with a bezel like this helped drive temps, so I expect it should also help the Norco.
But yeah if you don't have a cooling concern in the stock config this likely won't do much for you.

Reactions: Samir