EU [SOLD] New Topton Model-A N6005 4xi226 NICs (No Ram / No Storage) - 230€

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

alexw1982

May 20, 2015
Germany
New N6005 TopTon Model-A with 4xi226 NICs and lite-on power brick & EU plug. I impulsively bought it but simply got no use for so much power and will stick to my APU2 :).

I did some testing after chatting with prionico:
- The power brick shows no significant difference in terms of power consumption to a Meanwell GST series power brick.
- Thermal data hints at proper heat dissipation --> CPU is idling at 27-30°C according to
Code:
sysctl dev.cpu | grep temperature
while opnsense strangely shows slightly higher valuse of 30-32°C. During a 1-hour stress test temperatures did not exceed 55°C (see also screenshots)

Price: 230€ (incl. insured shipping via DHL to Germany).

Shipping outside of Germany would cost a little extra (would have to check based on destination).

If you're interested send me a PM

Cheers
Alex

Edit 1: Added pictures ...
Edit 2: Added temperature testing results
Edit 3: Added more temperature / stress testing results

Attachments

Last edited:

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Is the power supply a genuine one or potentially rebranded? And I think there were multiple hw versions of the Model-A 6005 ? Or was that another model? Difficult to tell from just skimming the bigger threads;)

Reactions: Samir

alexw1982

May 20, 2015
Germany
I don't know how to check if it is a genuine power supply but it looks like the same one that Patrick had in his review video and he also ordered from Topton ... I can upload pictures later if that helps. On HW version - I dont know how to tell - I can open the box a make a picture if that helps but should be fairly recent (December Order).

Reactions: Samir

fl0w

Oct 28, 2015
Paris
Is the power supply a genuine one or potentially rebranded? And I think there were multiple hw versions of the Model-A 6005 ? Or was that another model? Difficult to tell from just skimming the bigger threads;)
Most Topton models are shipped with LiteOn PSU, with an unknown part number, so I guess these are fake LiteOn PSUs... I prefered to change PSU to a more reliable model, like a genuine Delta PSU :)

alexw1982

May 20, 2015
Germany
Most Topton models are shipped with LiteOn PSU, with an unknown part number, so I guess these are fake LiteOn PSUs... I prefered to change PSU to a more reliable model, like a genuine Delta PSU :)
regardless if they are fake - their efficiency is surprisingly good. However I also in general prefer mean well GST series power adapters...