SOLD: Netgear S3300-28X-PoE+ (GS728TXP) Switch (24x1G, 2x10GBASE-T, 2xSFP+)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nezach

Oct 14, 2012
For sale is a used Netgear ProSAFE S3300 Smart Series switch S3300-28X-PoE+ (GS728TXP). Overall switch is in great condition. Physically there are scratches on the top and bottom of the switch, see pictures. One of the SFP cages was bent, but damage has been repaired and modules slide in/out and lock/release without any problems. All ports are working fine, including PoE. Comes with rack ears and power cord.

I am selling because I no longer need a PoE switch so I decided to switch to a fanless solution.

Asking $300 + shipping but will entertain reasonable offers. Will accept Paypal or Google Wallet.

Data Sheet:
http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/datasheet/en/S3300_GS728TX_GS728TXP_GS752TX_GS752TXP.pdf

Attachments

Last edited:

nezach

Oct 14, 2012
It's not silent, but it is a lot better than I expected. Fan is really loud when it is booting, but then it slows down considerably. It uses single Nidec UltraFlo W40S12BS4A5-57 fan [W40S12BS4A5-5*]| Nidec Corporation. I can measure noise level with my phone if you are interested.

tommybackeast

Jun 10, 2018
It's late and i'm going to bed and my brain is "off"

10GB is new for me, so excuse stupid questions.

I have interest in this due to two 10GBase-T and two SFP+

However, I know some 10g ports can only be used for uplinking to another switch.

Question: Can I plug in two Cat6 cable from NAS into the 10GBase-T ports; and plug a DAC Cable from another NAS into the SFP+ port ?

I did not know if the listed price was your old price or the current asking price.

Can you talk a bit about the noise level (once it boots up)>
How is the web GUI? for I lack CLI skill

Are there any licenses to pay for with netgear? /thanks