[SOLD] Intel P3700 400GB U.2 2.5" + Funtin U.2-PCIe adapter

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Logan

Feb 22, 2017
SOLD (all)

Selling an Intel P3700 400GB NVMe SSD in U.2 2.5" form factor and (either together or separately) a Funtin U.2 to PCIe x4 adapter (v3.0, no cables required).

Short story: I got a great deal on the P3700, but it turns out that my workload isn't high enough queue depth to see a significant advantage over an S3700, so I'm offering it here at good deal (more than I paid but much less than eBay, I think this is very reasonable).

Price (payment by PayPal only):

1) $375 for both the P3700 and Funtin adapter, excluding shipping and insurance. PM me your shipping address and I will find the shipping and insurance cost and tell you. I will use the actual cost from the carrier's website, not add any extra. If you have any special requests for shipping (e.g., expedited, particular carrier), let me know. Will ship anywhere. If you are outside the U.S., any import/customs fees are your responsibility and I will declare the value as the price paid. For reference, USPS first class mail to CONUS with insurance is about $10 and Priority 2-day is a few dollars more. All sales are final.

2) $350 for the P3700 only, excluding shipping and insurance, with other details as above in 1).

3) If someone buys the P3700 only, I will sell the Funtin adapter by itself for $35, excluding shipping and optional insurance, with other details as above in 1). If you don't take insurance, I will not be responsible for any damage incurred in transit or other problems once the adapter leaves my hands.

I purchased the P3700 from eBay as described in this thread: p3700 400gb 2.5" $350. The seller advertised it as new, it arrived sealed in an anti-static bag with desiccant, unformatted. I purchased the Funtin v3.0 adapter from Amazon here: Amazon.com: Funtin PCIe NVMe SSD Adapter with U.2 ( SFF-8639 ) Interface for 2.5" NVMe SSD: Computers & Accessories.

Using the adapter, I connected the P3700 to my system, formatted the drive, ran benchmarks, tested with my workload for several hours, sadly realized I wasn't seeing much benefit because of the mostly low queue depth of my workload, formatted, removed from my system.

Benchmarks and various output from the Intel SSD Data Center Tool are attached. This is running under Windows 10 Pro with the Intel driver (I also benchmarked with the native Windows driver and didn't see much difference). Note: isdct output is prior to the final format and some of my workload testing (at the time, I was collecting it for my own interest, not with a view to sell).

as-ssd-bench MO0400KEFHN 4.23.2017 4-18-36 PM.pngas-ssd-bench MO0400KEFHN 4.23.2017 4-18-54 PM.png

Photos (Funtin also comes with screws, not as blurry in real life):

P3700-1.jpg P3700-2.jpg Funtin.jpg

As mentioned in the thread linked above, I could not get warranty info from the HP or Intel warranty sites. Intel is to be expected, I believe, since this is HP-branded. For HP, I don't know the reason why and I have no experience with HP warranties or HPE generally.

Also note that some SMART info might not be available without other HP hardware, because this is HP-branded. This has been discussed elsewhere on the forums. Regarding total data written, some of the isdct output might substitute (see attached). Probably not really an issue here, since the drive seems to be so new.

About the price: I considered listing the P3700 at exactly the price I got in the eBay deal, or putting it on eBay and probably getting a lot more. Given some investment of time on my part, and looking at other prices offered on items for sale at STH, I decided for a middle ground that I think is very reasonable and still offers a good deal for the buyer.

I have never sold or bought here before, but I have 18 years of 100% positive feedback on eBay and can PM you my username there.

Attachments

Last edited: