[SOLD] FS: Used Intel E5-2699V3 (SR1XD) for sale

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

seang86s

Feb 19, 2013
Hi everyone. I have two of these for sale. They are in great shape and were working in Supermicro machines in a climate controlled datacenter when they were pulled. Looking for $2000/each which includes Fedex insured shipping to the US only.

iShopStaples

Feb 25, 2017
Your asking $2,000 for each?

Intel Xeon E5-2696 v3 OEM =E5-2699 v3 LGA2011-3 18C X99 Compatible i7-5960X | eBay

Intel Xeon E5-2696 v3 OEM CPU 2.3GHz 18-Core Max 3.8GHz SR1XK Similar to E5-2699 | eBay

E5-2696 V3 sells for $799-999. Your asking $2,000 each when someone can just buy a 2696 V3 which is actually superior in turbo bins on less than 11 cores load and having the same turbo bin when all the cores are loaded. Not to mention that the E5-2696 V3 has identical clock speed at 2.3Ghz.
While I agree that this price is high, I will note that I have certain customers that won't touch the E5-2696 CPUs since they are technically not retail.

TechNar

Jun 1, 2017
$2000.00 is a great price for that cpu people don't understand that the E5-2696 V3 are not retail the cpu buyers pay way more for E5-2699 V3

TechNar

Jun 1, 2017
I sold Mines.

I know exactly what your saying.

but there are people that would not touch QS

there are buyers that want the product for the name, I agree with you about the E5-2696 V3 being a better deal and better cpu your right.

its like saying someone shouldn't buy a designer shirt vs another much cheaper brand

the cheaper brand might be a better shirt or a much better deal but there is a reason people buy the designer its cause of the name

the E5-2699 V3 is a great cpu that has a great history but I think the E5-2696 V3 has been in the market for about a couple years and its not retail I don't know where these cpus came from, I heard they were made for huge companies like google and they somehow ended up in peoples hands

iv been in this business for 5 years and these E5-2696 V3 and E5-2678 V3 E5-2683 V3 these weird cpus that are such good bang for the buck have been making a buzz for the past two years and have ended up in peoples hands

Reactions: iShopStaples

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
I sold Mines.

I know exactly what your saying.

but there are people that would not touch QS

its like saying someone shouldn't buy a designer shirt vs another much cheaper brand

the cheaper brand might be a better shirt or a much better deal but there is a reason people buy the designer its cause of the name
That is a horrible analogy... comparing different potential quality levels.
This is like buying something labeled great performer instead of something faster that cost less...

iv been in this business for 5 years and these E5-2696 V3 and E5-2678 V3 E5-2683 V3 these weird cpus that are such good bang for the buck have been making a buzz for the past two years and have ended up in peoples hands
This is people selling to people, if you, staples and 249 want to keep selling on this forum you have to get approved as a business selling to people.

iShopStaples

Feb 25, 2017
Completely agree with this. You will find iShopStaples selling on other forums as well including Reddit. He's a business user or acting like one especially when most of iShopStaples activity is buying/selling on this subforum. In my opinion this subforum should be for users who don't really seek to buy/sell commercially and to resell. That's something that you find happens with computer hardware those who buy/sell looking to flip hardware for profit.
Just wanted to clear up a few points:

When this topic was brought up several weeks ago, I stopped creating new posts. I reached out to Patrick to see how he would like to handle the situation, and am still waiting to hear back. That said, I have responded to a few posts here where people are looking for specific components that I do have. If this is unacceptable I would be happy to stop that as well.

I don't buy from other forum members to "flip" to others here or elsewhere. I have access to an inventory source that most others do not. This allows me to offer components to other members here at a discount, typically below market value. Whenever I post here, I list at 5-15% below my eBay prices (which are also on the lower end of the market) to pass along the savings in eBay fees to the forum members.

I have sold to several members here at this point and as far as I can tell everyone has been very happy with the transactions. In the event Patrick deems it allowable to continue selling here, I can definitely do a better job of making it clearer that I am a business* if that would deter some potential buyers.

*To be 100% clear, I am a one man show; I don't work for a large corporation and don't have any employees. I have a full-time job outside of this, and I personally view this more as a hobby that allows me to tinker with some of the newest technology and help fund my own lab. That said, given that my volume has ramped up and there is a profit motive in mind I think it is fair to call this a business at this point.

brinox

May 7, 2013
*To be 100% clear, I am a one man show; I don't work for a large corporation and don't have any employees. I have a full-time job outside of this, and I personally view this more as a hobby that allows me to tinker with some of the newest technology and help fund my own lab. That said, given that my volume has ramped up and there is a profit motive in mind I think it is fair to call this a business at this point.
I want to say thanks for the transparency. As a seller in today's world, that means a lot to me. I can say as much for the smoothness in transacting with you not too long ago Staples. Hopefully you'll still have your sources in the future when I need to get some more home server gear!