SOLD: Dual Xeon E5-2670 SR0KX, 64GB (16x4GB) DDR3-1066 RDIMM, Intel S2600CP Motherboard, EVGA 850 B2

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Erlipton

Jul 1, 2016
EDIT: As of Tues 24 April-

Sold to MELK
-----------------------------------

Hi all, new to STH, but not new to doing these personal transactions online. Established in reddit's Hardwareswap, but as many of you probably know, that's geared more towards the gaming crowd.

Up today, I have a little DIY server/workstation bundle that is quite overpowered for my needs. I'm looking to sell it just to make some of my money back.

There's nothing unusual about these items - they're all in good working condition, but please do be aware that the Intel S2600CP family of motherboards is, in general, a little picky with PSUs. Natex.us does have a note on this motherboard family that you can find here: Intel S2600CP2J Motherboard - I've verified that the information there is accurate, first trying with a CX750M, where I experienced the restart issue, then switching to a 850 B2 Supernova, working fine. Both PSUs are known good.

TLDR: All items in good, working condition; mobo is known to be picky on PSU.

Price is $550 for the bundle, shipped, PayPal Goods & Services to protect both parties.

(2x) Intel Xeon E5-2670 SR0KX
(16x) 4GB DDR3-1066 Reg ECC
Intel S2600CP Motherboard
EVGA 850w B2 Supernova

Some photos that I've taken can be seen here: erlipton @ sth

Would also consider trades for DDR4 ECC Reg

Last edited:

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
FYI, Reddit also has a "homelabsales" sub that's more appropriate for server gear.

Erlipton

Jul 1, 2016
FYI, Reddit also has a "homelabsales" sub that's more appropriate for server gear.
Thanks, I am aware of that sub, though not very established there at the moment, either. I was more active on that sub before they implemented the sales/purchase count about 6-9 months ago.

Are the CPU cooling fans included
The ones pictured are not. If cooling is needed, I do have some Hyper 212 Evo's available, but they're not included.

Edit: To be even more explicit, the items that are listed are included in the bundle.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
specifically, what about the PSU is it picky about? i have a seasonic 750 platinum in a case that could use this system (minus the PSU)...

Erlipton

Jul 1, 2016
specifically, what about the PSU is it picky about? i have a seasonic 750 platinum in a case that could use this system (minus the PSU)...
According to what Natex has written (link in the OP), it depends on the amperage of the -12v line. They found that .3A doesnt work, .5A works, they havent had an opportunity to test anything around .4

Erlipton

Jul 1, 2016
Unsure of your model, but all the 750w Plat Seasonics I've checked are .3A and would likely not work.