SOLD!!: 32TB FreeNAS based NAS system.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

WTFover

Jan 27, 2017
Tampa, Florida
Up for sale is my complete Freenas based NAS unit. I will not separate. Please read the add and ask any questions you like. Price is $1000 + $75 shipping to anywhere in the lower 48. (it's Heavy!!) I would prefer not to ship outside of the continental US.

The motherboard is a Supermicro Atom C2758 MBD-A1SRI-2758F-O This motherboard sports an 8 core Atom proc, (4) 1Gb network ports, and IPMI.
Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Atom Boards | A1SRi-2758F
System currently has 16GB(2x8GB) Kingston ECC Memory, and has 2 slots available for further expansion.
http://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KVR16LSE11_8.pdf
HBA is an IBM 1015 (LSI 2008) in IT mode.
The system is housed in the UNAS NSC-800 case with their included power supply. I have replaced the 2 case fans with Noctua NF-S12A PWM fans, along with a 40mm Noctua NF-A4x10 fan on the proc.
U-NAS NSC-800 Server Chassis
NF-S12A PWM
NF-A14 FLX

The system is set up to boot from mirrored 8Gb SanDisk USB disks, and also includes 32TB of raw storage (8x4TB). 7 drives are Hitachi, and 1 WD drive. Configured in an 8 drive RAID-Z2 (essentially RAID6) it nets just over 20TB usable capacity. I built the system specifically to run ZFS, and to be as close to silent as possible. It is whisper quiet, and is a strong performer. It far outpaces the prepackaged systems like Qnap/Synology, especially when you start adding packages like Plex transcoding. I have installed a fresh copy of Freenas 9.10, and I would be happy to preconfigure the IPMI and FreeNAS network settings for the buyer, for a painless setup. I have had the system powered off for the last 6 months since consolidating on to my larger FreeNAS system. I am located in Tampa, Florida and there is no charge for local pickup. Also if someone local has an Intel Skull Canyon NUC with 32GB of memory, I would consider a trade, depending on the SSD drives included. I don't have a Heatwave account, but I do have an ebay account: rdracing You can email me at jason dot crossley at gmail dot com.

Reactions: wsuff