SOLD: 1U vented blank rack panels

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
I bought a bunch of these things in bulk a while ago, thinking I would use them all, but I haven't and some have been sitting around so time to let them go and clear the space. I use these to cover the gaps I leave between rack equipment as I find it helps with temps. What you see in photos is what you get. I found 4 of them sitting around; slight chance there may be more.

Would like to get $8 per panel + shipping costs in CONUS. Prefer Google Wallet or Zelle.

IMG_20180130_152523.jpg IMG_20180130_152538.jpg

Last edited:

BLinux

Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
maybe a dumb question... why would they make ventilated blanking panels? Isn't the point to stop air from flowing through?
if you're running a cold/hot aisle in front and back, then this wouldn't make any sense. if you just have a rack in a room or a closet, i find that leaving a 1U gap between hot devices and letting air flow between them keeps things cooler by 5-10C. This panel would just make those gaps look a little nicer.

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
if you're running a cold/hot aisle in front and back, then this wouldn't make any sense. if you just have a rack in a room or a closet, i find that leaving a 1U gap between hot devices and letting air flow between them keeps things cooler by 5-10C. This panel would just make those gaps look a little nicer.
gotcha, that makes sense

Jan 12, 2017
Cambridge, UK
I would have been interested as I am going to be buying some of these soon, however I am based in the UK so It doesnt really make sense financially as I can buy them for around $10 (£7) each over here.

I was hoping maybe you had quite a few so I could try to offset the shipping cost.

BLinux

Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
I would have been interested as I am going to be buying some of these soon, however I am based in the UK so It doesnt really make sense financially as I can buy them for around $10 (£7) each over here.

I was hoping maybe you had quite a few so I could try to offset the shipping cost.
i doubt i'd be able to ship them to the UK and beat that price, even if I gave them to you for free with just the cost of shipping.