Solarflare s7120 - How to check Temperature via CLI

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

CKat

May 20, 2017
Hello everyone!

A little background -- I have a Solarflare s7120 - dual SFP+ card installed in my r730xd dell server. The server fans were running 100% speed all the time due to some idrac settings when PCI cards were instaled. I found the solution to disable that here How do I stop Dell R730xd fans from going full speed when Broadcom/QLogic NetXtreme 57711 PCI card added?. The fans were too loud, and more than that it used much more power which would cause issues in the rack...

So we had to disable that.. My understanding is that its only disabling PCI device temperature based fan speed.
Now my concern is, what if the Solarflare card actually overheats? Simple solution is to check temperature via CLI and alert if necessary.

My Question --- Does anyone have any idea how to check temperature of a Solarflare card via CLI? Is there any command line utility for that?

Thanks in advance!

altmind

Sep 23, 2018
last time i checked, the temperature was under 'pci-.....' in `sensors` program of `lm-sensors` package.