Software storage for a dual node storage system.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Utking

Nov 12, 2016
Hi guys!

I've been trailing the web for a loong time now, and still haven't made up my mind on what filesystem i'm going to use, so i therefore reach out to you guys!

I have a C6100 running with two nodes that share 6 disks each, and two nodes that run as pure compute.

I intend to have some VM's on this system, that share the storage, and with the ability to fire up the compute node when more power is needed.

I was thinking of running proxmox, and maybe use glusterfs as the filesystem, either that or XtreemeFS.

Would this work? any other suggestions?

It's really a new world to me with these systems and everything, lol i'm used to windows and ubuntu ^^
Thanks for all help guys!

Edit: Forgot to say i mostly have different sized disks, and i really want to save as much space as possible :p

Last edited:

Utking

Nov 12, 2016
Hi!

Thanks a lot for that link! :)

I wonder if this setup would work with glusterfs, as that is just an extra layer that comes before the NFS server, right?

If that would work i guess it's perfect for my setup as well, at least i think! :)