Softlatyer Houston Data Center Flooded

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
Wow, and no e-mail to customers?
Not yet its bad that they're connected to the tunnel system in downtown because its flooded. Were getting about 3ft of rain per hour 79% of the city is flooded. I know for sure our facility as well as a few other data centers have closed the flood access to the tunnel system before the hurricane hit, id assume softlayer did the same but as you can see it came through the wall.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Wow, talk about ridiculous for a company of their size, price point, etc...

Their 'online support' says they're not aware of ANY flooding, or danger/risk to any of their Datacenters :mad: :mad:

Phone calls it is.

Reactions: ELit3

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
Wow, talk about ridiculous for a company of their size, price point, etc...

Their 'online support' says they're not aware of ANY flooding, or danger/risk to any of their Datacenters :mad: :mad:

Phone calls it is.
They should be aware considering their power is in the basement and the basement is flooded/flooding.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Well, they e-mailed me more information:

• The picture you sent to us is of our HOU04 facility which is an office building where we have sales, support, and NOC services.

• The HOU02 datacenter is located on 855 Greens Parkway Houston TX 77067 and is not in any danger of flooding. Also, I'm showing both of your servers in Dallas which isn't in any danger at all of the hurricane.

So that's good to know :) since I couldn't login and locate the DC my servers were in.

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
Well, they e-mailed me more information:

• The picture you sent to us is of our HOU04 facility which is an office building where we have sales, support, and NOC services.

• The HOU02 datacenter is located on 855 Greens Parkway Houston TX 77067 and is not in any danger of flooding. Also, I'm showing both of your servers in Dallas which isn't in any danger at all of the hurricane.

So that's good to know :) since I couldn't login and locate the DC my servers were in.
:) well that's good glad its not the main place. I've always looked at that facility and though why on earth next to the bayou.