Socket FCBGA 1667 aftermarket cooling??

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JimPhreak

Oct 10, 2013
Are there any aftermarket HSF's that are compatible with FCBGA 1667 socket? I'm not happy with the stock cooling that comes on the SM X10SDV-TLN4F board as I often see my CPU reach almost 70C with an ambient temp of 24C when under load.

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
Check bios settings on the fan... it is only 45w it shouldn't be getting that hot.
I would swap the fan before swapping the heatsink.

JimPhreak

Oct 10, 2013
Check bios settings on the fan... it is only 45w it shouldn't be getting that hot.
I would swap the fan before swapping the heatsink.
I'm pretty sure the fan is at full speed on load but I'll check again this evening when I get home.

neo

Mar 18, 2015
They do not make aftermarket heatsinks for BGA soldered in Intel CPUs. The stock heatsink is sufficient, make sure your fan is aimed at it properly.

Last edited:

JimPhreak

Oct 10, 2013
They do not make aftermarket heatsinks for BGA soldered in Intel CPUs. The stock heatsinks is sufficient, make sure your fan is aimed at it properly.
I don't have any fans aimed at it. The chassis only comes with a single exhaust fan and of course there is the fan attached to the heatsink itself.

neo

Mar 18, 2015
I don't have any fans aimed at it. The chassis only comes with a single exhaust fan and of course there is the fan attached to the heatsink itself.
Would help to have a fresh air supply for the heatsink fan

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
Tj-max is 105c thing is meant to run hot... other users are reporting 80-85c...

JimPhreak

Oct 10, 2013
try new thermal paste?

I've seen good thermal paste drop 10*C over the stock crap
Not a bad idea. I have some Coollaboratory Liquid Pro left over from my last OC gaming build that I could use. Dropped my temps 20-25C when I added that to my desktop chips (coupled with a delid of course).

neo

Mar 18, 2015
Not a bad idea. I have some Coollaboratory Liquid Pro left over from my last OC gaming build that I could use. Dropped my temps 20-25C when I added that to my desktop chips (coupled with a delid of course).
Be careful I believe the stock heatsinks on your board is aluminum.

JimPhreak

Oct 10, 2013
wow!

last Delip I did was a Pentium D...

lost interest in OC after that... I went to server boards for reliability and lost O/C functions in bios. I cant stand the goofy UI on most software OCs.
I don't even game, I just enjoy building OC'd rigs because I do it differently each time. I sell them shortly after building them. Keeps me in the game ;).

Reactions: neo