so, where should one create the wallet(s)?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

voodooFX

Jan 26, 2014
So, I just started some very noob mining with nichehash...
Now, while I'm still documenting myself and would like to join you guys in the STH pool(s), my understanding is that as first thing I need a BTC (and other?) wallet, but I can not decide where should I create it.

What are you suggesting?

Thanks!

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Windows or Linux?

Linux use Electrum for BTC

Most others you will want to install whatever official GUI wallet they offer or if they don't you will need to probably need to install their core program and simple wallet.

I would stay away from a non official "multi-coin" wallet because if its hacked you lose it all, unlike individual wallets.

Individual wallets can be a pain but its safest.

StammesOpfer

Mar 15, 2016
Also depends on your goals. If you are looking to hold onto it long term do as Klee says or if someone else pops in. If you are just looking to mine and turn that into Dollars then you are best using the wallet from whatever service you are going to use to cash out. You want the minimum number of transactions (especially with BTC right now) to reduce the transaction fees you pay. I use Coinbase for this but there are others.

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Also depends on your goals. If you are looking to hold onto it long term do as Klee says or if someone else pops in. If you are just looking to mine and turn that into Dollars then you are best using the wallet from whatever service you are going to use to cash out. You want the minimum number of transactions (especially with BTC right now) to reduce the transaction fees you pay. I use Coinbase for this but there are others.
That's only possible with a few coins, but the general advise is good. I'm liking converting to LTC -> coinbase.