SNMP Monitoring using Grafana for Brocade Switches ?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BobTB

Jul 19, 2019
Anyone using Grafana with prometheus or InfluxDB to monitor the Brocade ICX switches (temperature, traffic, port status etc)?

I found a few things but nothing "ready" to use. I find this very interesting to have a great overview of all the metrics in home lab.

prometheus/snmp_exporter

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
I use LibreNMS, which has really good support for brocade products. Just point it towards a switch via SNMP and it will pull everything and organize it, cpu, mem, chassis data, tons of stuff per interface etc. Then I just enabled the "dump everything into an influxDB database as well" option in librenms: InfluxDB - LibreNMS Docs

then just point your grafana instance to said influxDB database and you can graph anything you want

56ip1234

Jun 6, 2023
Thanks for the advice. I've been away from SNMP network monitoring for two decades and spent some time digging into my past preferred solution (no need to name it). I have to say LibreNMS has a lot to offer over what I used to use. I've yet to tie it into Influx. Based on the native interface, it might cover all my needs.

Thanks Again!!!