Smoking hot deal: Quanta LB6M 24-port SFP+ 10GbE $500 BO

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

StammesOpfer

Mar 15, 2016
Whatchu talkin' bout Wilson? Heheh, Im Gary Oldman. But seriously, Whatever do you mean my good sir? Surely you jest. That's my job my good sir! Fiber is not Ethernet, Ethernet isnt Fiber. Have I entered the Twilight zone, or perhaps, The Scary Door?
It is all Ethernet you are just thinking 10Gbase-SR/DA Fiber/DAC SFP+ vs. 10Gbase-T Copper UTP/STP CAT5/6/7 RJ-45

10 Gigabit Ethernet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

jwegman

Mar 6, 2016
oh hohhhoohhh! Well excuse me guys....here i thought the switch was fiber/sfp+

Ok, ok, so yeah, yeah, the protocol is there. True, But.... the data is sent through light pulses not copper cabling....

ah shit......nevermind.....

I am currently using DACs.

Shit on a stick with rice and beans!
...DAC is still copper...

DonJon

Apr 9, 2016
Oh yeah its ETHERNET and TCP/IP. You kids might have not known about X.25 of the yester years. So all you see is ehternet and some magic.

DonJon

Apr 9, 2016
My offer of 275 + 25 shipping got accepted by the seller OP linked. I have the switch with me for a week now.
The funny thing is r2disassemblyllc and natex.us are the same people. So you should be rolling the dices the same at both the tables. Beware!!! And buying from natex.us isn't that good (5% discounts are not much). When the same stock hits eBay, you have the bargaining power.

josh

Oct 21, 2013
Is there a command to commit VLAN changes? I created some VLANs but when I turned the switch back on again after disconnecting the power for a day everything was blank again. Isn't it supposed to be committed to flash? Or is my battery dead?

Edit: Nvm I realised I didn't "write memory". Silly me.

Last edited:

josh

Oct 21, 2013
Is there a similar command for "no switchport" on the LB6M? Trying to configure 0/28 with an uplink to the internet router. The manual has a whole plethora of "switchport xxx" commands which don't seem to be what I'm looking for. "The no switchport command makes the interface Layer 3 capable. The IP address is in the same subnet as the default router."

Switch(config)#interface FastEthernet 0/1
Switch(config-if)#no switchport
Switch(config-if)#ip address 200.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
Switch(config-if)#no shutdown