Smoking hot deal: Quanta LB6M 24-port SFP+ 10GbE $500 BO

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Yeah, I offered on that no reply. As well as like 3 others... no one touch 500$ let alone 350 :(

tby

Aug 22, 2013
Snellville, GA
set-inform.com
Up until now I haven't found anyone willing to budge much from their asking price on the LB6M and very few sales. Maybe this will help push them down some. $500 is the lowest asking price I've seen on >= 24-port SFP+ switches since people were blowing out G6124s for $600-ish in the summer of '13. I've been kicking myself since for not grabbing one of those or the Canadian Gnodals...

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
LB4M = Huge thread here on forum about it. It's 1Gig x 48 & a couple 10Gigs

Reactions: Boddy

tby

Aug 22, 2013
Snellville, GA
set-inform.com
FYI, they're back up:

HP Quanta LB6M 10GB 24-Port SFP Switch - 30 DAY WARRANTY

They had some sort of snafu with their paypal account and I had to cancel my payment and make a new one, but I just got my tracking number. When Bethanie's boss called and asked if I wanted to buy any more it took all of my self-restrained not to offer $250/ea for everything he had to trying flipping for $425.

Reactions: Blinky 42

ItsChrisG

Feb 3, 2015
The community is here to share stories about hardware and to share good deals on hardware and give good deals on hardware if you have some.
I have made posts and threads related to that theme and direction of the community, I have offered hardware for sale at really low prices typical with what this community looks for, and I buy a lot of the hardware available for sale or posted about in the community.
Me buying a lot of stuff does not make me a problem for the community, it just causes jealousy that is then contrived to be in some way damaging to the forum and its members?
I'm spending money, a lot of it, that is frequently going straight to community members -- I am helping the economy and well being of this community at a much higher level than even how much you think, I am causing it harm.

Reactions: coolrunnings82

tby

Aug 22, 2013
Snellville, GA
set-inform.com
It was his cell phone so I'm not going to post that. And I don't know that they'd take $250, I didn't actually ask because I wouldn't have been able to resist whipping out the Amex and if it was more than 20 I'd be sweating selling enough quickly to cover the bill, but you can contact them through eBay.

I see nothing wrong with snatching up a good deal at a great price to turn a buck. If I'd snagged them all super cheap without sharing the deal here I can't imagine anyone complaining about me offering them at $400-$500 a pop. I got mouths and motorcycles to feed.

Reactions: coolrunnings82

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Two sides to this, I could write a novel but while it is good to post, I think the point here is 'servethehome' is targeted at home users that typically CANNOT afford to pay top dollar to evaluate/bang-on enterprise-grade IT gear...I've seen guys snatch cisco SG500X's for dirt cheap, relist here for a few hundred more...then not even get back to me cause they think 'since I know what they got them for' as they had deep pockets at the time to swoop up the LOTS then try to come here tell everyone about it and proceed to attempt gouge so I got the 'go away treatment' even though I was willing to pay $100 more and put money in everyone's pocket...they did not seem to want to pass on 'quite' as good a deal LOL

Anyways, not bitter, I think some of us like to see SEVERAL members get the goods/gear (share the love) and all get to gain experience/grow/advance our IT careers and give back to the community by sharing knowledge and lessons learned so I think while there may have been no malice behind it it IS a lil' off-putting...Call it selfish on our part for 'desiring great deals' and wanting to spread the wealth. I understand making a buck as well but for me I will always error on the philanthropy side of the house of open source/free as in beer/share the goodness/give back/etc.

Whatever your take, AMAZING deal on this, was out in L.A. working this week wrapped up TIGHT and briefly saw this but decided to resist.

Last edited:

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
LOL, these guys are RIGHT down the road from me here in Denver, diff metro suburb city abt 15 mins away.

HELL! NOOOOO...put...CC...away!!!

Reactions: T_Minus

ItsChrisG

Feb 3, 2015
It was his cell phone so I'm not going to post that. And I don't know that they'd take $250, I didn't actually ask because I wouldn't have been able to resist whipping out the Amex and if it was more than 20 I'd be sweating selling enough quickly to cover the bill, but you can contact them through eBay.

I see nothing wrong with snatching up a good deal at a great price to turn a buck. If I'd snagged them all super cheap without sharing the deal here I can't imagine anyone complaining about me offering them at $400-$500 a pop. I got mouths and motorcycles to feed.
I'd like to point out that my intentions are not to resell at a higher price and try to make a profit off anyone here. They would absolutely not be resold (unless someone hit me up and wanted one really bad, then yes, I would sell one to a fellow community member...)