SMB RDMA or other infiniband transport for NAS/SAN

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zane

Aug 22, 2013
I have a c6100 with the dual mez infiniband cards in all nodes and an infiniband switch. I have a SunFire x4540 with 48 tb's raw currently with no OS installed software raid only (would like to run zfs) with infiniband connectx2 card. The c6100 nodes are all running Windows server 2012.

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what OS I want to install on the SunFire x4540 because it looks like Solaris (like distros), Linux, and BSD do not yet support SMB RDMA. Is their something that I'm missing in the SMB RDMA area because I would love to run zfs with SMB RDMA to store the VM's.

I can only find that samba 4.0 will support RDMA but I can not find when that will happen. Can anyone confirm that samba 3+ in linux, solaris, or BSD supports RDMA? :confused:

Suggestions and ideas for the SunFire x4540 OS and infiniband transport protocols to use are more than welcome.