SM X10SRH-F

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ekke

Nov 16, 2015
Upgrading my old server gone bad.
I prepped the motherboard a week ago, flashing bio and LSI to IT mode. all seemed fine. I havent had time to remove the old mb and put in the new one but to day several weeks later I get a error message "uncorrectable memory component found P1-dimmc1" and the bios hangs/freezes on B2.

resetting the bios by removing the battery and I can get into the bios, so the B2 freeze seems solved.

But the memory error persist, I swap two dimms to see if its a problem with a specific dimm, and I still get the same result! is the slot it self broken?

EDIT: Mem problem solved! got compatebility issue with a Chelsio T420 NIC now tho ... pleas advise.

Last edited:

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Sounds like bent socket pins. Memory faults are a typical symptom. Pull your CPU and inspect the socket with a jewelers lupe. You might be able to fix any bent pins with a needle and/or really small tweezers.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Probably not if its had the cpu installed and was working. Another possibilty is dust/muck in the DIMM socket. Inspect it closely and try blowing it out aggressively. with canned air.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ekke

Nov 16, 2015
I just used canned air and tried to clean the slot with ethanol on a folded paper, hard to get into the slot tho.

same result ...
next up is remounting the cpu and cleaning the pads.
could static have killed the slot but not the mem module?

ekke

Nov 16, 2015
removed the cpu inspected the pins in the mb cpu socket with a lupe, didnt notice anything out of the ordinary. remounted the cpu , tried some more canned air on the dimm slot. Still the same result. :(

ekke

Nov 16, 2015
What could have caused this damage? static discharge? without damaging the memory module only the physical slot?
I'm beeing careful tho, touching ground with my hands before picking up components, not trying to touch conducting parts.

ekke

Nov 16, 2015
Problem solved, more canned air and cleaning, probably did it.

Now I got a new problem! :)

The board halts at post with B2 code when my Chelsio T420 NIC is inserted tried resetting BIOS and switch PCIe ports to one lower.

Any tips how to get the Chelsio card to function on this board?