Silent Poe+ switch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
Looking to pick up a fanless gig Poe+ switch. Only need a handful of ports so have been looking at the 8-10 port models. Needs to be silent, rack mountable, managed and preferably no more than 200$ or so which unfortunately rules out any 10gb ports as nice as they would be. Current ones I am looking at are

HP 2530-8G
HP 1820-8G
Cisco SG300 10PP/MPP

Anyone have any others I should consider or opinions on any of the above

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
It will be in a bedroom will have an ap and phone on it to start later on who knows. This is for personal use, right now have to setup all my gear next to the bed so want some quiet

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I have a couple Netgear POE switches that are silent -- have you looked at any of them ?

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Agree that switch+injector plan can give you more options. But one advantage of a managed POE switch is the ability to power-cycle a device by remote control. In some cases, depending on where your switch and the devices are located this can be very important.

Definitely give the Netgear switches a look.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
+1 for HP 2530-8G or 2520-G-8 (<- I have this one, other one is newer model)

Love mine, drives a few voip (Cisco/Aastra) perfectly.

Jerry Renwick

Aug 7, 2014
I can say though that if the only concern is noise, I would checkout the Netgear ProSafe model, which is the most silent switch I've ever dealth with and I was running 12 IP phones off it.

Pete L.

Nov 8, 2015
Beantown, MA
I have the Cisco SG300-10p and it has been working perfectly, it is silent (unlike their other models with more ports) it also has 2 SFP Ports (only 1G) but they could come in handy one day. Keep in mind that only the first 8 ports are POE. I have mine powering several Hikvision POE Cameras and a Ubiquiti Bridge and it has been working perfectly since the day I installed it.

I had a NetGear GS108T (Older Version / Not the Newer one) with an 8 Port POE Injector and for some reason my cameras would randomly go out to lunch after so many days. I haven't had that happens since putting in the Cisco.

I was using the Wireless bridge from my shed to my house but have since upgraded to dual single mode fiber links and that has also been working flawlessly. I've installed many of these switches in various locations without any issues whatsoever. I can't say enough about this line and of course they come with the Lifetime Warranty.