Shipping to Canada via eBay?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Helzy

Oct 19, 2017
Any other Canucks having just a terribad experience lately finding items/sellers that will ship to Canada? If Iog into eBay.ca, it won't even display items that aren't specified as shipping to Canada. I can see a plethora of stuff if I log into eBay.com when I do searches, but lately even eBay.com seems to be parsing items without international shipping. Keeps me from going broke that's for sure, however, it's realllllly frustrating. Okay rant over...

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
eBay doesn't want to show people item that they can't buy for the most part. Kinda detracts from the user experience.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
eBay doesn't want to show people item that they can't buy for the most part. Kinda detracts from the user experience.
If only they let me permanently select NORTH AMERICA only, or even select USA and CANADA specifically as origin... I'm tired of seeing CHINA items mixed in constantly as it uncheck my choice :( If I'm missing something pleeeeease tell

Helzy

Oct 19, 2017
I understand that, I've been working with a guy, he says he ships to Canada all the time with the Global shipping option and has redone the listing repeatedly trying to get this to work. So weird.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
If only they let me permanently select NORTH AMERICA only, or even select USA and CANADA specifically as origin... I'm tired of seeing CHINA items mixed in constantly as it uncheck my choice :( If I'm missing something pleeeeease tell
I'm not aware of a way through their website to do that unfortunately. Have to change it every time you search, which is indeed annoying. If you leverage eBay's API for scraping searches, it's not too hard there (or append "&LH_PrefLoc=2" to the URL).

NachoCDN

Apr 18, 2016
a million times..yes!! drives me crazy!

NachoCDN

Apr 18, 2016
i'm lucky that i live in a border town, so i can zip over the border and be back in an hour or so.

Sean Ho

seanho.com
Nov 19, 2019
Vancouver, BC
seanho.com
eBay mobile app lets you lock in search parameters.

Also, many sellers are willing to ship via GSP or USPS Intl if you message them directly. Pricing, of course, is all over the place.

Helzy

Oct 19, 2017
eBay mobile app lets you lock in search parameters.

Also, many sellers are willing to ship via GSP or USPS Intl if you message them directly. Pricing, of course, is all over the place.
Indeed, however, these listings I've been having difficulty with the sellers aren't the problem. Even when the buyer agrees to ship either global or.otherwise, payment cannot be completed as eBay insists the seller doesn't ship to Canada and won't complete the purchase process.

Helzy

Oct 19, 2017
Hmm, post a sample listing? I've had several items shipped from the US to BC earlier this year.
As have I.

The seller has tried repeatedly and worked with eBay to reconcile the issue with the global shipping program. These are the 2 item numbers. I should be able to see them through Ebay.ca, however, the only way I can see them is on ebay.com

item number: 174377980707

item number: 174544060759

I could understand if I was in Nunavut or something, but I'm essentially in Calgary for shipping purposes...

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Indeed, however, these listings I've been having difficulty with the sellers aren't the problem. Even when the buyer agrees to ship either global or.otherwise, payment cannot be completed as eBay insists the seller doesn't ship to Canada and won't complete the purchase process.
I have had the same with shipping from UK to EU. I ended setting up a 'virtual' UK address as my delivery address (just so ebay is happy, nothing official) and then have the seller ship to my Paypal Address (cost adjusted o/c)

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I have had the same with shipping from UK to EU. I ended setting up a 'virtual' UK address as my delivery address (just so ebay is happy, nothing official) and then have the seller ship to my Paypal Address (cost adjusted o/c). Alternatively 'I do pickup'.

NachoCDN

Apr 18, 2016
my issue is with usps, because they expect the package to include a Private mailbox address number in addition to the shipping company where i get things sent. i need to contact the seller at the same time as the order and hope they include that in the notes section. hit or miss really..

Sean Ho

seanho.com
Nov 19, 2019
Vancouver, BC
seanho.com
item number: 174377980707

item number: 174544060759
In both of those listings, the seller has not enabled GSP or another international shipping method (e.g., USPS Priority Intl); this is an issue between the seller and GSP/eBay.

By setting my shipping address to Canada (e.g., in a search), then going directly to that listing, I can see the listing but with a "this item may not ship to Canada". Attempting to check out with a Canadian shipping address yields an error, "seller does not ship to this address". This is the same for me regardless of whether I use ebay.com, ebay.ca, cafr.ebay.ca, or ebay.co.uk.

Sean Ho

seanho.com
Nov 19, 2019
Vancouver, BC
seanho.com
my issue is with usps, because they expect the package to include a Private mailbox address number in addition to the shipping company where i get things sent. i need to contact the seller at the same time as the order and hope they include that in the notes section. hit or miss really..
I have a US PMB, too, and very rarely get address errors. Try either 100 Main St #1234 or 100 Main St PMB 1234. In general, I have had better luck keeping it all on one line.

Now, CandaPost FlexDelivery addresses are a real pain....