Share your home lab photos

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

neo

Mar 18, 2015
Seems like there's quite a bit of users on here with impressive home labs and not everyone wants to post a build thread. And even if you did, make use of this thread to aggregate member photos.

Let's see some photos of your workstations, server racks, network setups, or similar.

Sharing is caring. :p

William

May 7, 2015
My current current Workstation
Supermicro X10DAX
2x E5-2698 V3's
128GB Crucial DDR4
2x Sandisk X210 Raid 0 for OS
2x Titan Blacks

Racks I still have to finish up, things keep changing on me LOL
I converted our family room into the lab HAHA :)

William

May 7, 2015
Yeah that's a 25U Stardock, its pretty nice.

I built a HFT system in for a client which I installed at their location. After that the rack has been used for many different test setups.
I always wanted to put a big Rad at the top and water cool the whole stack to kill noise here. Just haven't done it yet.

ehorn

Jun 21, 2012
It's a cave alright. As long as I keep it contained to the den, there is peace with the Mrs... Lol

Reactions: William

William

May 7, 2015
Mine is very forgiving. I keep trying to get setup out in the garage, make it a nice man cave where I can really spread out, have loud servers running etc. She says no, I want you in the house with me LOL

neo

Mar 18, 2015
William, I am surprised you do not have PCIe NVMe SSDs in RAID-0 in that workstation

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
William, I am surprised you do not have PCIe NVMe SSDs in RAID-0 in that workstation
I have a stack of NVMe/ PCIe SSDs here and I still use a cheap boot drive. A RAID 0 boot drive is fancy from where I am sitting.

nry

Feb 22, 2013
I'm in the process of moving at the moment so this is setup in my parents dining room until I do the final move next tuesday! Not all wired up as I'm getting by with the minimal amount of kit at the moment.

I can safely say I'm not looking forward to packing this up and moving it a second time within a month!

herby

Aug 18, 2013
I'm in the process of moving at the moment so this is setup in my parents dining room until I do the final move next tuesday! Not all wired up as I'm getting by with the minimal amount of kit at the moment.

I can safely say I'm not looking forward to packing this up and moving it a second time within a month!
Have you considered getting a rackmount vesa bracket for the monitor on your rack. Maybe something like this startech number: http://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Mounting-Bracket-Racks-Cabinets/dp/B002D1GG0C . If your rack does a fare amount of moving bolting down the display couldn't hurt.

nry

Feb 22, 2013
The monitor hasn't got VESA mounts unfortunately, I have been looking at Dell monitors as someone who I picked a server up from had one fit perfectly in their rack!
Pretty sure he was on here too, will have to try find him and ask which model it is. :)

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Dell 2007 20.1" is what I use.

I found that some BIOS wouldn't load properly on the older resolution pull-out monitors found in RACKS. Couldn't figure out why I couldn't see anything or get into configuration.

TuxDude

Sep 17, 2011

I found that some BIOS wouldn't load properly on the older resolution pull-out monitors found in RACKS. Couldn't figure out why I couldn't see anything or get into configuration.
I've had issues with certain combinations of servers and slide-out rack monitors too, though I've never been able to figure out why. Our monitors aren't that old and do run a reasonable resolution, and then when I plug in a desktop monitor temporarily to work around that problem it ends up using a resolution that was supported by the rack monitor.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Weird, mine was def. something with the UEFI BIOS resolution requirement, and the monitor wasn't that low...

nry

Feb 22, 2013

I need something with 1920x1080 resolution, as it connects up to my HDMI matrix for diagnosing issues. Strictly run everything at 1080p60 to help eliminate the majority of issues. This current display works perfectly for switching between HDMI/VGA.

Tempted to use one of my spare 1/2U strips, crack the monitor open and bolt it onto the blank U strips :D

Reactions: T_Minus