Shallow Case for SuperMicro A1SRi-2758F Motherboards?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

abq

May 23, 2015
Hello All,

I am looking for any shallow 1u cases for my pair of SuperMicro A1SRi-2758F Motherboards. Any advice or cheap recommendations? I am thinking anything like an old WatchGuard case with display, since old WatchGuards frequently had old SuperMicro motherboards anyway. ...Application is to try HA pfSense setup, or 1 as pfSense and other 1 as small container/storage server.

Happy Holidays,
ABQ

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Why wouldn't you use the Supermicro ones? 504-203B or 505-203B are under 10" deep and specifically made for that motherboard (among others).

Since I'm not sure if you want both motherboards in a single chassis, but if so, that gets trickier. Can fit that into ~15": T1200 Rackmount

abq

May 23, 2015
Why wouldn't you use the Supermicro ones? 504-203B or 505-203B are under 10" deep and specifically made for that motherboard (among others).

Since I'm not sure if you want both motherboards in a single chassis, but if so, that gets trickier. Can fit that into ~15": T1200 Rackmount
@BlueFox, I am mainly looking for cheap, sturdy, & interesting - 2 separate boxes or both in one case. ...The T1200 is very interesting for HA pfSense, especially with dual power supplies (not sure I will go expense of dual circuit/ups'). I saw one for sale a while ago, any current chance to buy one cheap !? ....I am keeping eye out for the cheap supermicro cases, just no luck so far and open to interesting ideas. Thank You for you help & T1200 suggestion, I greatly appreciate your advice.

abq

May 23, 2015
To clarify, definitely willing to use shallow super micro cases, or anything else someone may have sitting around. Hope folks have more recommendation like your TV1200 case too. Anything I can search on with key words or model numbers:)

abq

May 23, 2015
Has anyone used a IMPRIVATA ONESIGN OS201 case with pfSense before? Especially interface to the front display & control buttons?

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
@abq I get a bad feeling about trying to cut corners in your HA implementation in this way. Do it properly, put one device in each chassis, and do HA using industry standard practices.

abq

May 23, 2015
@ullbeking, thank you for your solid advice. I had same concern,but was also trying to balance against limited space - no easy choice with small townhouse/ no basement;). ...I am picking up an awesome 1u single board case from BlueFox, so will probably end up with conventional one MB per case when all said & done. Happy New Year!